HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Let Us Honor Rosa Parks - By Shattering the My

Rosa Parks is beloved by millions of people in the United States and her body has not even been placed in the ground yet. The reason I became so incensed by this post is that it shows the gross insensitivity that whites have for Afrikan icons. This is not the time to start posting links to articles about what Rosa did and did not do. We are grieving. How very disrespectful.

Rosa Parks went on that bus alone and had to deal with being roughed up by men who were a lot bigger than she was. She also suffered financially because after the incident, she couldn't get any sewing work (she worked as a seamstress). Martin Luther King Jr. started sending her money once he gained visibility and donations started to pour in.

When I heard that Rosa had died, I had to swallow a lump in my throat. I had to tell myself that she deserves to go on to the Beautiful West and get her reward. She deserves to sit and talk with all of the great and fearless Afrikans who came before us. I don't want anyone crying and being miserable when I die, so I had to convince myself not to cry over her death, particularly since she was blessed to live to a very old age. But when I got home that night, the sadness crept over me again. So I lit an incense, put on some music, and danced in celebration of her triumphant homecoming, as my ancestors in northwestern Senegal would have done.
I love Rosa Parks. I always will.

I was wrong for showing my anger to the Rastas because they are all pretty reasonable people on this board. But the white woman's disrespect in our time of mourning just further illustrates the fact that they are not ready to join in our Afrikan business and should go find some of their own.
Bless up.

Messages In This Thread

Let Us Honor Rosa Parks - By Shattering the Myths *LINK*
Re: Let Us Honor Rosa Parks - By Shattering the My *LINK*
Re: Let Us Honor Rosa Parks - By Shattering the My *LINK*
Re: Let Us Honor Rosa -TO GMAN
Just some advice
Re: Just some advice

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com