HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Two Brothers on The Bus

I remember back in 98/99 or 2000 . riding the bus after workin at a spot called labor ready, one of those "work today" paid today type jobs. shoveling rocks on top of a a ten story warehouse.
once on the bus, all i was trying to do was get some sleep before i made it home, 6hrs before i went to my next job. for the first 10-15 mins riding the bus through the hood-couldny get no sleep cause of all the noise-loud kids, and a bus full of cranky folks complaining about dealing with the same kind of job drama that i experienced that day.
i look up at a stop and i see this light skin dread, that greets me with something like peace, Rastafari-or something of the sort. at first glance-you can tell this brother is obviously of "bi-racial" heritage-but one of the first things out his mouth after greeting me was news about my people in Phili, MOVE, and Mumia-askin me questions about who is who in columbus-what organizations and such are in the area that empower Rasta idren and black people in general. me an the idren reason for about the next 5-10 minutes until i get off the bus. idren tells i about how he is trying to write a bokk and get into grad school and so on-and i thinkin to myself, this idren has strong vibes-and the idren in a real humble way, helped uplift I and refocused on that day---while i was thinkin about that dam job and all my troubles the bredrin reminded me that ini have to stay focus and continue to stay strong in the midst of the struggle. sometimes a hard day can make one lose focus for a minute. im glad i didnt judge that idren by the way he look-cause he still my bredrin to this day. that was the first time i met brother garreth aka gman.
i give thanks for that day.
bless

Messages In This Thread

Two Brothers on The Bus
Colorism *LINK*
friendship *LINK*
Colorism: I stand by what I observed
Re: Two Brothers on The Bus

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com