HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: One Black Love One Black Heart

To tell you the truth my beloved, it is only a few of our elders who were involved in the original cultivation of Iyaversity, and who were part of the University of adversity, who I can attest that they are still around. Many of them have made the great transition, but some of the youths who were there, may still be around, but may not be carrying on that culture as a result of tribulations and various conditions in life, I
cannot tell where upon the face of this earth they are, or what they are doing today. The few creative cultivators which I can name, who are still around, and who can bear witness of what our lives were like in those early days, are Bongo Rocky and Iyaughter Baby I, who are now living at Shashamane in Ethiopia, Bongo Tarney or Iyarny, Scotts passage Jamaica and who also travels some times to the USA and the Caribbean Islands, Bongo Headful or Hydayul, who is still living in Bath Saint Thomas Jamaica, but is very sickly, and there is Iya Tanya who may still be living in Browns Town in Eastern Kingston Jamaica West Indies, and Ras Iyarice who iswith the Iyabinghi house in Waashington DC USA. These are Iyagels who were there, when the creative reasonings and internal cultivations were revealed to us, and we make it our duty to have them published orally among our people.

Today I am very pleased that there are brothers and sisters, who are using words like Iyanks, Iyasies or Isies, Iyasta, Ital, Imani, Iyak Iyove, Iyords Iyound Iyowa Raspect or Iyespect and so many more of that ancient Creative cultivations, for which we were mocked and jeered by our own people in those early years. Even the GOVERNMENT AND THE TOURIST BOARD in the Island of Jamaica uses the word Irie, on T shirts and other forms of advertisements to say Irie Jamaica, although all of these creative activities were scorned and despised in the early days. Even the vendors who sell things to Tourist can be heard saying Irie Jamaica to the Tourist everywhere in the Island of Jamaica.

So you are so right my brother, there is much to be told about the historic manifestations which took place in the Great University of adversity. however it will take some time since the Rastafari movement of today, is going in so many different directions, it will take the great internal teacher who lives in us all, to reveal to us the answer to our problems as a race of people, since the answer to our problems, is really blowing in every breath of air which we breathe in.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Who made 'One Love' Marley's signature song?
Re: Who made 'One Love' Marley's signature song?
One Black Love One Black Heart
Re: One Black Love One Black Heart *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com