HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

One Black Love One Black Heart

In the early days, African Patriots in the Island of Jamaica, that is to say Rastafari people, use to shout the greating words, One Black Love, One Black Heart, to each other in Streets of the City of Kingston Jamaica, and this was done in a loud and deliberate manner, in order for our African brothers and sisters, who were not involve in the struggle, to hear those words sound and to think about them seriously. At that time it was revealed to us that we were black heart man and woman, since at that time the word men or women were not used, it was either man or woman. I am speaking about that period of time, before Bob Marley and Peter Tosh became Rastafari people, before the Uptown Top Ranking, In a me Khaki Suit and Ting. Before Rastafari people were allowed to go to Devon house in the hope road area of Kingston or Half Way Tree area.

I am talking about before the Abeng news paper came into existance, and people like Trevor Manroe, and Barry Chevannes and Pauline Chevanes, and Jerry Small and even Ras Historian, and many other brothers and sisters who were coming from affluent fanmilies, began to get involve in the Rastafari movemant.I am really talking about a time, before the University of the West Indies did their survey of the Rastafari movemant, which was related to the mission to Africa, which was an unofficial mission, which was led by a Jamaican governmental official, who was the Mayor of Spanish Town at that time.

When Bob Marley became a Rasta man, he was already involved with the recording business, and so he just started to utalize the Rastafari songs which he learned at Rastafari Assembles, like the song War which he recorded using the words of Ras Tafari Makenon, and like fly away home to Zion, all of that song is totally Iyabinghi words which have been used at Iyabinghi Assemble, long before Bob became a Rastafari person. The basic foundation of the lyrics of most of Bob Marley's songs, were taken from utterances of the Rastafari Elders across the Island of Jamaica. Again I must strees here, that ONE BLACK LOVE, ONE BLACK HEART, WERE GREETING WORDS AMONG RASTAFARI PEOPLE long before Bob Marley became a Rastafari person. Bob has done well by publishing the words, but that have also brought some problems into the Rastafari movemant, which is the followers of reggea music, who think that thec Rastafari movemant is about Ganja smoking, beers and alcohol drinking and mixed mating between black people and other races, and this is really a shame.
Again I send many oceans opf blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK LOVE ONE BLACK HEART.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Who made 'One Love' Marley's signature song?
Re: Who made 'One Love' Marley's signature song?
One Black Love One Black Heart
Re: One Black Love One Black Heart
Re: One Black Love One Black Heart *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com