HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

WILL DI REAL HUMANS PLS GET UP

Greetings an I mus say, fi all di complaints bout 'missionary vibes' an 'too much time is wasted pon Christian reasonings' nuff a di Idren are still interested in reasoning, an so, whan an article like dis is posted an I woman sight nuff a di Idren answer it, I seh give thanks! Yuh see mi, INI nuh done wid di topic, it is still a big part of INI minds whether INI have an interest in Christianity, or a hatred for it, it is still USEFUL, to reason, is I point. So give thanks Fiyah, fi finding di article. One point of di Article I raspeck is di fact dat di woman seh it is a 'PERSONAL' testimony..dat to I mean someting, since it is some ting she experience, not too much, ones cya seh to it, she experienced it, jus as I experienced lets seh quite di opposite, an no one should doubt I personal testimony, as INI should see later. Di author begins by bringing up di current administration an di dangers of organized religion..I can only agree, as I have not ever been a proponent of organized religion, an I see it as a danger, since Religion is RUN BY MAN, AN INI ALL KNOW MAN IS CORRUPT...but I know INI need churches, INI need faith based programs, I must in I testimony admit I have taken di benefit of some of dem programs whan I an di pickney had nothin to eat an di shitstem wouldnt give I a penny since I had spent all I retiremant money living in motels wid di yout, but dem seh since mi cash in mi retiremant, dem nuh haffi give mi no emergency social services, so I haffi go to various faith base program an get some food, an some help yuh see? But, do I woman want to allow di State an di Church to mix...NO IYAH, NOT I WOMAN, TOO DANGEROUS, JUS AS IT IS DANGEROUS AS IT IS ALLREADY..MAN TO MAN IS SO UNJUST, HAVING DI GOVERNMANT IS BAD ENUFF, BUT INI NEED A GOVERNMANT STILL (UNTIL JAH GOVERNMANT IS IN CHARGE.) So di author begins her paper, stating di obvious to I woman, an den she begins her personal testimony, by stating how Christianity needs to ATONE FOR ITS SINS. She rightly explains dat Europe an di United States need to be first fi Repent..some ting alla we allso KNOW an been KNOWIN..BUT AGREE OBVIOUSLY. She allso touches pon di diverse interpretations of Jesus Christ an gives INI her OPINION, HER PERSONAL OPINION "...To me, the guy was a revolutionary and should be considered the first of the liberation theologians. He grew up in the Middle East, during a time of the stressful occupation of Rome. As a devout Jew he was obviously concerned about the corruption of his faith and of the Jewish leaders by the "pagan" Romans and their culture." I happen to disagree wid her here, I tink seh Jesus was less icerned wid Rome, den di Jews were of His time, He was more Icerned wid di Jews an how dem was claiming to be 'religious' an not being wha dem claim seh dem was suppose to be!!! True He knew di Romans had nuff pagan gods an such, but he didnt really icern him self wid dat, yuh see Him spend more time preaching an teachin di Jews an chastizing dem whan dem are in di temple..nuh true? jus a likkle observation, could be important becuz it is her view but it is different den mines. She then goes into her view point about how Rome was occupying Israel an how di jews were oppressed, an she compares dem especially di poor an lower class non elite to di insurrections going on in di middle east today, wid America taking di part of Rome today. Again, di analogy can draw on certain similaritys but INI do not have any information to know how many 'insurrections' there were amongst di Jews, during Roman occupation, but we do know from Scripture dat Jesus gospel did not speak of Violence atal, or Insurrections..dat INI are sure of. The woman allso states dat "Most scholars concur that Jesus had no intention of starting a new religion. To do so would have been blasphemous against the Jewish faith." I FIND THIS STATEMANT LUDACRIS, since JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED FOR BEING BLASPHEMOUS IN DI FIRST PLACE, AN DEM CONSTANTLY CALLED HIM BLASPHEMOUS, BECUZ HE WAS CONSTANTLY TELLING THE PHARISEE AN SAUDECEE HOW DEM 'RELIGION' WAS ALL WRONG, SO FI SEH!!

"The historical task of creating Christianity was left to Paul whose credentials are mixed at best. Paul was named Saul before his conversion on the road to Damascus after the Romans had murdered Jesus." AFTER READING DIS, NOW I FINALLY SIGHT DI AUTHORS REAL AGENDA HEAR, IT IS REALLY BEYOND A CRITIQUE OF CHRISTIANITY, BUT A DEEPER FOLLY IDEA I HAVE HEARD OF BEFORE...ROMANS MURDERING JESUS??? I find it interesting Bredrin an Sistren, dat di author puts it dis way, an if she had been a studying christian, I am sure she would memba some where reading how Pontius Pilate really left it up to Herod, who wanted nothin to do wid Jesus an den Pilate to keep di Massive quiet, left it up to di Jewish Officials who were demanding his crucifixition!!! Pilate after all gave dem a choice, Barabas or Jesus to be freed!!! Di jews chose Barabas true? But getting back to Paul, an Pauls PERSONAL TESTIMONY..IT WAS NOT ONLY HIS HOWEVER..NUFF PEOPLE MEMBA PAUL BEFORE HE WAS TO TROD DAMASCUS ROAD..AN DEN SIGHT HIM AFTER DAMASCUS ROAD..AN A CHANGE DEM SEE!!! YUH SEE, first di ones who was wid 'Saul' saw wha happen, an dem lead saul out from damascus rd to Anaiasis who had a calling from Jah to go restore sauls eyesight..den all of di disciples meet up wid saul, now Paul, an sight di CHANGE! ALLSO di rest a di Jews!! most people do not realeyes who Paul was. Paul was origianlly Saul of Tarsus. Saul of Tarsus, a Jew among Jews, born into di tribe of Benjamin, blameless according to the law an was a Pharisee wid great zeal fi trodition. Having sat unda di wisdom an teachin of Gamaliel (Acts 22:3), one of di greatest teachers among di Pharisees, Saul was quickly advancing through di rank an file of his own, a head above all di others. HE HAD NO REASON TO HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART!!! BUT AGAIN IT IS HIS OWN PERSONAL TESTIMONY, ONLY WITNESSED BY OVER A DOZEN PEOPLE!! So, little did he know dat pon dis day he would not confront, but be confronted. He would not change others, but be changed himself!! Any way, di author now asserts somehow, dat she has arrived dat di diciple James never trusted Paul...I would ask her how she derived her information, deh is certainly no proof of dat in any scriptures atal!!!! An I am skeptical of someone who says Jesus is murdered by Romans (inaccurate) an who says dat Paul was not trusted by James (no proof of dat). Her credibility really decended whan she used as part of her references The dead sea scroll deception...dis book in I view is totally preposterous, especially di parts dat refer to Yahshua escaping di cross, leaving wid Mary Magdelan, an running away to southern France..lol, I prefer to tek di dead sea scrolls as archeologists have, analyzed dem, an I have several good websites which ones cya look at if interested. I began to look at di last sections of her article where she writes "...if you look at the historical Jesus he seemed to be concerned about the poor, about corrupt power, about loving your neighbors and about maintaining Jewish traditions and faith void of Roman influence - my simplistic summary. This, to me, was his revolutionary posture. It appears he chose not to side with those who cozied up to Roman power. He was not a sellout. Obviously, the Roman occupiers and the Jewish elite didn't like this." I would tend to AGREE WID HER STATEMANT MORE OR LESS HEAR HOWEVER, BUT FOR DIFFERENT REASONS, I TINK SEH JESUS WOULD KEEP ANY GOOD TRODITION AN THROW OUT ANY WIKKED ONE, AS WELL AS EMBRACE ANY NEW ONE, (LIKE HELPING HIS NEIGHBOR WHO IS SICK, EVEN IF IT IS ON DI SABBATH, A LAW NO ONE WAS TO EVER BREAK), IF IT WAS GOOD, HE WAS NOT NO SELL OUT DAT IS TRUE, HIM NUH COMPROMISE! HE IS NOT PARTIAL TO NO ELITE! ROMAN OR ADDA WISE..INI KNOW DAT!

"While there have been all kinds of books about the wonders and glory of Christianity (the music is nice after all), when it's organized it can also be dangerous, extremely violent and oppressive." YEAH MAN, SHE SHOULD LISTEN TO INI REGGAE MUSIK, MI HAVE HER SINGING UNTO DI LORD IN NO TIME YUH KNOW, LOL...AN AS FAR AS VIOLENCE AN DANGEROUS, YES, TRUE, ALL OF MAN, WHAN DEM HAVE A POWAH, DEM IS VIOLENT AN DANGEROUS OR HAVE DI CAPACITY TO BE!!! Our author then goes into di Gnostic gospels an purports dat if only di gospel of Thomas had been allowed into Canon INI would have some secrets revealed bout di 'TRUTH' WHICH HAS BEEN HIDDEN FROM INI...DO NOT BUY IT..di books, di supposed LOST BOOKS, WHICH WERE NEVER LOST IN DI FIRST PLACE ARE ALL AVAILABLE FI YUH TO VIEW, READ AN ANALYZE FI YUH SELF..DEH IS A REASON WHY BOOKS OF DI BIBLE ARE IN DI BIBLE, AN ONES WHICH ARE NOT, ARE NOT, AN DI GOSPEL MESSAGE IN ALL OF DI BOOKS IS NOT AFFECTED ATAL..DI MESSAGE OF PARADISE LOST, PARADISE REGAINED AN HOW ITERNAL LIFE IS TO BE OBTAINED IS DI SAME IN ALL OF DI BOOKS, AN IF ONES DO A REAL RESEARCH INTO DI SUPPOSED LOST BOOKS DEM WILL READILY SIGHT DI FOLLY OF WHICH ONES CLAIM CONSPIRACY..she allso incorrectly asserts dat di Nicene council met for di reason of decideing if Jesus was di Son of God, which dat was not atal di reason dem met, dem met becuz of di various factions an skisms which kept coming up over an over again, an realeyes dat dem need fi put it down in a creed as to wha dem would say a Christian mus adhere to in his church, in his study, becuz of ones trying to change interpretations an such, from dem skisms which kept arising, like di gnostics! I like di fact she brings up di Michelangelo white Jesus controversy, some ting INI been talking about fi 20 odd years, but at least di woman is deh an bringing dat to light correctly...it IS someting many christians need to address..dem need fi stop di graven image ting too!!
I felt saddened to read about her experiences in di orphanges of di Catolics an I cannot deny her experience, even if I woman have seen wid I own eyes different tings from addah christian orphanages albeit from different areas. She allso says: "While thousands of Christians are likely doing good work, I still say proceed with caution. History has shown that many Christians are inclined to easily side with the powerful elite against the people and to wreak havoc on indigenous believes and traditions that are often enforced by military and economic muscle." I AGREE WID HER STATEMANT AN WILL ADD TO IT, PROCEED WID CAUTION WHAN YUH ARE GOING TO TRUST ANYONE WHO SAYS DEM GWAAN DO A GOOD WORK, SINCE MOST PEOPLE ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN WHA DEM CYA REALLY DO TO ADVANCE DEM SELFS FIRST AN FOREMOST...

"Greed and power are invariably at the core of it all." LIKE MI SEH, SHOW I A HUMAN WHO IS NOT GREEDY WHAN DEM GET POWAH?

Messages In This Thread

Will the Real Christians Please Stand?
Re: Will the Real Christians Please Stand?
When (Christian)Rome attacked (Christian)Ethiopia
Re: When (Christian)Rome attacked (Christian)Ethio
Re: When (Christian)Rome attacked (Christian)Ethio
All Rastas are Perfect and Know all about HIM
King David
Re: All Rastas are Perfect and Know all about HIM
WILL DI REAL HUMANS PLS GET UP

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com