HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

All Rastas are Perfect and Know all about HIM

[[[ The typical Christian response to pieces like this is, “not everyone who says he or she is a Christian is of Christ”, or words similar to that effect. But at the heart of these ‘believers’ is a missionary zeal born out by their arrogance and disrespect of other people’s values. ]]]

It is good of you to judge the "heart of these ‘believers’".

How is this in harmony to the words of Haile Selassie I ?

"In pondering over the life, the goodness, humanity and sacrifice of the Savior of the World, in looking at the laws which He gave us, how much should we be ashamed to call ourselves Christian people, and yet not to follow His footsteps. Had we been Christain people, had we been worthy of the name, peace would have reigned on all the face of the Earth, and would have risen to the level of the immortal angels who always glorify the Eternal God, and the peoples of the world would no longer have remained divided into hostile camps. " Word of Haile Selassie I

[[[ One Christian tactic often used is to go through indigenous values to draw from the silliest interpretations in an attempt to invalidate them. Of course, they don’t like it when others show the silliness in their beliefs. They don’t admit that the power behind the spread of their beliefs was/is brute force/murder, and not benevolent deeds. ]]]

Is there a way to [[[ show the silliness in their beliefs ]]] and Hold up to the Teaching of Haile Selassie ?

"It is quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes, we do commit sins but even as we do that, deep in Our hearts as Christains we know we have forgivness from the Almighty. He taught Us all who seek Him shall Find Him. To live in this Healthy Life, a Christain Life, is what makes Me follow Jesus Christ."

For Christian people no day is as glorious and as joyous as the day on which they commemorate the Nativity of Our Savior Jesus Christ. On this day each one of Us tries to forget his worries and his anxieties and endeavours to alleviate those of his loved ones and friends, and to forgive those who have wronged Him, so as only to mediate on the life of Him who is Supreme Lord in All.

How is Haile Selassie I term for "Christian" any different from the term you use for Christians, you really need to set up a distinction here, or run the risk of looking hypocritical.

[[[ Missionaries are generally characterized by their unwillingness to learn about other people’s values, unwillingness to respect people’s right to operate as they choose, especially when other peoples’ cultural ways clearly do not infringe on the rights of others. When challenged on this, they usually give distorted interpretations of other people’s values in an attempt to discredit them. They can always argue that people do the same with Christianity, but they fail to acknowledge when people condemn Christianity, they usually have real experiences and a living testimony of abuses, all done in the name of their ‘one book’. ]]]

their ‘one book’
What is the problem with their [[[one book]]]
"Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscienceof the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible. "

Does Haile Selassie I have a problem with the ‘one book’ ?
If he didi where is it mentioned, and does He speak this highly of any other "one book" ?

[[[ Try telling them that KRST was a natural state in the development of individuals (although different cultures have their own terms for that state, and various other states of consciousness), and was a part of most indigenous African cultures before people were plagued with Arab and European/Christian violence and elitism. Try telling them the oneness of KRST is the common truths that people realize when they raised their consciousness. Try telling them that each person is his or her own savior in their own right (although they need help from others). Tell them, and see how blasphemous they find these very old but true ideas. ]]]

Which of these doctrines were adopted by Haile Selassie I, where each person has 'his own unique christ' ?
can you show me evidence of any of these doctrined being taught by Haile Selassie I or his church ?

Messages In This Thread

Will the Real Christians Please Stand?
Re: Will the Real Christians Please Stand?
When (Christian)Rome attacked (Christian)Ethiopia
Re: When (Christian)Rome attacked (Christian)Ethio
Re: When (Christian)Rome attacked (Christian)Ethio
All Rastas are Perfect and Know all about HIM
King David
Re: All Rastas are Perfect and Know all about HIM
WILL DI REAL HUMANS PLS GET UP

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com