HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: About Me, and Who I am
In Response To: Re: About Me, and Who I am ()

King david

Again your total lack of any true understanding of Rastafari is now readily apparent . So why make judgements about things you either dont know or are you trying to decieve InI with imcomplete information , for your own reasons . At least try to tell the TRUTH and let other make up their own minds on the merits of the evidence .

First let us understand that at no time in the history of Rasta , has dreadlocks wearing Rasta outnumbered combsome rasta (H/Artical). The wearing of dreads to the average Rasta is a nazarite vow - supposedly taken from the bible , but it is a much older African Tradition . It is the mark of the preisthood , a period of consecration to JAH ,even the pharoahs of egypt wore locks , for it is also a rite of passage . This should let you realize that Ethiopian christianity and western christianity is not the same . In jamaica man and man decide to wear locks for life , while most lack the true understanding for which it stands

The smoking of the weed , is also a long African tradition , frankinsence and myrrh is used in every service of the Ethiopian church . When it come to those called the wandering prohpet or preist who all wore dreadlocks ,the use of marijuana and teh ia not uncommon . It was re-introduced to Jamaica by the Indian sadhus(who also wore dreadlocks)mostly of dravidians ethnicity who ancestry can be trace back to Ethiopia thru Hindu-Kush and Mohenjodaro .

HIM cut his locks because , his period of consecration was complete . This was in no way a sign of weakness .The idea of it being a sign of weakness is a vatican invention , they are the ones who try to identify us by our hair and them specifically persecuted those among us who choose to wear dreads , the presecution and resulting resistence to being forcibly trimmed and so babylon started to use it as a way to stigmatize and belittle InI translated into the impression you now have - Of cutting locks as weakness .

Messages In This Thread

About Me, and Who I am
what is god, again?
Re: About Me, and Who I am *NM*
LOVE EVERYTIME
Re: LOVE EVERYTIME
these are your confessions........
Re: these are your confessions........ *NM*
priest
to Selassie I live
Re: to Selassie I live
Re: to Selassie I live
SOME TURN BACK RASTA COME TRY TO CONVERT *NM*
the many different rastas provided by king d

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com