HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: African Presence in Asia
In Response To: African Presence in Asia ()

This article is not necessarily part of a series but I am still doing further research in the area so parts of it may be developed, changed or amended as my research continues. Anyone else with additional research can feel free to add it here as well and broaden the scope of the learning and reasoning.

As Tyehimba rightly said, the original people of India were Africans. As we all would be aware, all races evolved from Africans that migrated outwards and inhabited other countries. ‘Empress Afrique’ mentioned that the San in South African resemble Asians of China. It is actually the other way around; the ancestors of the Asians of China resembled the San. It is these people, whom the Europeans called the Pygmies that are really the first people. Research done especially by Rashidi and Van Sertima has brought light to the initiators of Chinese civilization were these same, "small blacks" i.e. the San, khoi khoi etc. I have come across some information that attempts to say that these "Negritos", as they were called, were not Africans from Africa but another race entirely. However that has been proven to be quite untrue. In my view, slight difference s in phenotype that have accounted for the questioning of the African origin may simply be on account of centuries of some race mixing, evolution in slightly different climates but certainly anthropological studies have borne out their African origins.

I am also a little confused by this statement by ‘Empress Afrique’ "it's interesting but they are not black Africans, please let's not use this to include or incorporate another exotic group in our midst so as to cushion the black on black business that has to be resolve. It was done in the Caribbean, in Africa and it stank."

There are indeed groups in south India especially who are indistinguishable phenotypically from Africans on the s continent. There are several villages that because of caste endogamy were able to retain not only their original phenotype but also even culture and language from the continent. These groups were isolated, lived in the forests and in look, culture etc resemble any indigenous village in east Africa. I will go over my research and see if I can come up with the particular place and people I am thinking of and try and send a link to some pictures. Anyway I am also interested in your answer to Tyehimba’s question about what exactly was done in the Caribbean.

The treatment that the Dalits (the descendants of the original Africans who are black skinned, kinky haired Africans of varying shades and looks) suffered due to the Brahmin Hindu caste system I think certainly makes them deserving of our attention especially because their contribution is literally ignored by mainstream Indian society. At the university I attend there is an almost laughable contrast between the History of India that is taught in the courses on African and African Diaspora history and the courses taught on India and Indian Diaspora history. The mental acrobatics people have to go through to make a lie true to uphold their mindset and beliefs is amazing.

Ras Heru asked whether the inhabitants of India know about the African presence. In truth many do not. The nature of Brahmin/Aryan Hinduism meant a complete denial of the achievements of these black people, but in many ways they do not exhibit much awareness of their geographical origin. The invading Aryans who established the caste system placing the original black inhabitants, whom they conquered at the bottom, claim themselves to be the creators of the Indus civilizations. Their mythology of course, gives many ‘explanations’ for the blackness of these people, much like the Babylonian curse of Ham and other stories. The Dalit presence is now very hard to ignore as they are exposing the racist nature of the caste system, the suffering of the Dalits and championing for the rights of their people, the reclamation of their history and a more accurate portrayal of Indian history. For Caribbean countries like Trinidad and Guyana and others in the Diaspora where Indians and Africans exists in close quarters, the retelling of the history from the Dalit perspective is critical for better relations there, and a more holistic view of history.

Messages In This Thread

African Presence in Asia
Re: African Presence in Asia *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com