Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Haile Selassie and Rastafarians

Greetings King David,

in your questions i&i would suggest that you are confusing two quite seperate concepts, that of the recognition of divinity in another, and of the recognition of your own divinity.

To my eyes at least it is entirely possible to recognise the inherent divinity of another entity withouth tem being self aware of this perspective of reality. It is in fact something that i do every day, and am quite possibly doing right now. You, because of the model of reality that you adhere to, probably do not see your own inherent jah-nature, wheras I do. It is easy to extend this logic to His Imperial Majesty, and while you may not agree with this view, i hope that you can overstand its ramifications.

As to whether His Majesty overstood his own divinity, well for me it would take a little more than running around telling people that you are jah to convince me. In fact the MORE someone did that the LESS likely i would find it. Such things are lived, not said or written about, as it is beyond the capacity of speech or discursive reasoning to convey the essence of divinity. The proffs you offer of jesus' divinity (seemingly in contrast to HIM) are all from a single source, the historical accuracy of which is in some doubt(for people who are not christian), and which was compiled at least a generation after events took place in the highly politically charged environment of the nicean council.

As to the rituals of rasta, well they arent even practiced by all rastas, and have been created by the folk who follow the trod in order to celebrate their way of life. I have not seen any suggestion that they were developed in order to somehow copy the life of HIM. To suggest that they should would be a little like requiring all christian people to become clebate carpenters and itinerant holy men.

love and life
paul

p.s

you could save a lot of disk space by simply saying something along the lines of "I think you are all wrong and should just become christians."

Messages In This Thread

Haile Selassie and Rastafarians
Those with ears let them hear: HIM is the Almighty
ever heard of the 'burning monks' of indochina
Re: ever heard of the 'burning monks' of indochina
still in FULL control of it, never
Re: still in FULL control of it, never
did i claim selassie god in flesh?
the Book of Genesis is called Bere shit in Hebrew *NM*
Re: the Book of Genesis is called Bere shit in Heb

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com