Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: The gift of a wired president to a wired race

Iziz!

That is not the only author to have documented that situation at all. In fact, the women themselve have spoken about that situation in various documentaries (that I'm sure you've seen) about Marley. And what about the words of Cedella Marley, then again, this is not the issue, the issue is the color problems within InI communities which have to be dealth with once and for all. I remember some good posts about the Oromos and how they are treated in Ethiopia and this thread certainly reminds me of some of the issues discussed in that conversation. Your insult perhaps was in the fact that you seem so high handed and brash in stating that the man is dead...and that you don't like to air dirty laundry...I'm just saying that the cat's already out of the bag.

It's so interesting because I am about to post a thread about Colin Powell and how he prefers to be referred to as being a man of various races, Irish, middle Eastern? African and some others. However, we still want to see him as a black Jamaican the same way we see Bob Marley (who was half white) and Minister Louis Farakhan who is of mixed ancestry?

It just reminds me too of how Marcus Garvey fought so hard to bring some of these issues to light. He had remarked that even in his own childhood in Jamaica. I believe that he grew up in the parish of St. Catherine, he experienced racism and colorism. Similar to the kind explained by WEB Dubois. They both wrote about playing with white children who they were friendly with and by all indication seemed shall we say brighter than (intellectually) but they were shoned and alienated by their respective communities and societies simply because they were darker.

I appreciate the discussions on this thread I just wish that since we have the priviledge of not facing each other physically we could have an honest and truthful discussion about these issues. The fact is that since biblical times color has been an issue. Remember Rebekah and her twin boys and how she claimed that even in her tummy the lighter one hated and resented the darker one. And do we remember Joseph who was sold into slavery by his own brothers? I believe that he was also darker than them. And what about Moses and Menelik's mama? These are at the heart of some of our problems which is WHITE SUPREMACY who died and gave them the throne on power and priviledge and beauty and intelligence?

Bob Marley may be dead but his legacy survives him and his mother speaks of him in the present tense and she willingly discusses the problems of color that she experienced and that probably affected him. Let's deal with the issue and move on. It's just a big gash in the various wounds inflicted on BLACK FOLKS by WHITE SUPREMISTS.

Give thanks for the ear.

Messages In This Thread

The gift of a wired president to a wired race *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com