HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Dark-Skinned Africans???
In Response To: Re: Dark-Skinned Africans??? ()

Greetings Bantu,

Thanks for the response. When you say "Informed Africans" or "Aware People", who are you speaking of? Information and knowledge varies from person to person. I'm guessing ones must share the same mindset to be considered an "Informed African". Actually your classifications of "Informed Africans" are based off of idealogy, and not information. I don't think most people actually view injustices as being played out equally. I, for one, am not that naive. But one thing I do know is that injustices throughout the ages have been posed onto people of all backgrounds. Injustices are not relegated to one group of people solely. Like you said the "Dark-Skinned Africans" leadership is simply a card being played. Nothing more, nothing less. And I honestly think some of yall have been playing the card at times when its not warranted. I agree in order to move forward with a solution, ones must attack some of the social ills which perpetuate the crisis. But its not necessary to attack your own brothers & sisters because of their skin tone or hair texture. The perks you think light-skinned Africans receive are minimal at best. At the end of the day, we(minorities) are all Non-Whites period. This society has been known for keeping people in the pocket no matter the skin tone or hair texture. Actually the article by Ayinde, shows the same division I was referring to. Its almost as if no other type of people suffer besides Dark Skinned Africans. The generalizations are abundant in the article. Well I'm not going to harp on your ideaology because you seem very confident about it. But my one suggestion is to open and broaden your outlook then you will see a possible solution. Until then be prepared to deal with the same sufferage you despise of.

Blessings Flow
Ashanti Pride

Messages In This Thread

Dark-Skinned Africans???
Skin Color nor make no one righteous ire??

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com