HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Sis Makeda and Bob Marley

Beloved Sistren.Much love and thanks for your efforts. If you check my website www.chiozo.com you will read about how as a youth I went to london to embark on my musical journey which I still am trodding.I can tell you that it was at that time that I bought your book Bob Marley Reggae King Of The World.I could tell you stories of the life I was living then but that is not what Im posting about.

I thank you for your email and your reflections on Bob but i frankly feel you have gone overboard.I personally do not want to speculate on what Bob would have thought about different issues and developments in rastafari.For though i clearly see bob as an authority as far as communication goes, I dont really look up to him in moral or spiritual issues. That I leave to King Selassie.I am CONSTANTLY thinking of what Haile Selassie thinks about ALL developments in the world be they cloning, nuclear proliferation or non proliferation, education etc.

In act at times I find myself being genuinely nd deeply angry at Bob Marley with a feeling of betrayal as well. As a youth took alot of what he said literally and my foolish misunderstanding of his message was what led me to quit school.Just the other day I was thinking about this. Yes without Bob I most probably would not have reached the spiritual enlightenment i have attained today but on the other hand it was very veryu irresponsible of Bob to make remarks against education which would influence kids like me.Had he on the other hand stressed that even though the system is fuckde up, its necessary for kids to go to school then I would have made a differnt choice ....without a doubt.Because Ziggy was sent to school...then why not say that school is important?. And many other things that a man in his position should have sat down and thought long deep and hard about.taken a serious holiday out of the rat race and gone to tibet to meditate or whatever, because at the end of the day he was caught up in a rat race and had become a pimpers paradise.

Rasta is not a joke. fame does not determine rasta direction.Haile Selassie does.Whatever Bob had to say or think about anything was terminanted by none other than Almighty God, for its is clear that no other force had dominion over TUFF GONG.He did come to conquer and he did.But His Majesty Rules seen. I and I look to Haile Selassie for guidance in these troubled times.

Who is Bob that we should take whatever thoughts we have to him? Sistren I do understand the spirit you write in.It is a spirit of loving memories, commmemoration and reflection.And that si cool for you were close to him. I just felt that you went a little bit too far.Cause what Bob thought is on the albums and the interviews and in the anectdotes that My elder bredrens who knew him have told me. there is always more to a story than
the popular myth...so using one of own Bobs own words

Burning all illusions tonight

or if you rather

Whosover diggeth the pit shall fall in it

Dont play with Jah Words

Ps Im a GAD....you know my function

Chiozo
King Of Africa

Messages In This Thread

ADMIN! RASTA and Bob Marley: 21 Years on
Re: RASTA and Bob Marley: 21 Years on
how fit can one be addicted to babylon cigarettes?
Re: Reasoning and Bob Marley
Re: Month of Celebrations in JA
Re:Nazi's and Bob Marley

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com