Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Divide & Rule
In Response To: Divide & Rule ()

Give thanks for your posts.

InI agree completely with what you say. I believe wholeheartedly that I must use this 'advantage' I have down here in this babylon to help manifest the vision JAH give I of New Heaven and New Earth.

I think the operative word in HIM war speech is "Until". Just as the I say, we are not there yet, but in this period of of struggle within the duality. I think just as you say in your post that each one has their place and their work. For Rasta, One Love is a given.

You can see from some response you have received how painful it is for some to get on the truth and reconciliation tip. It's hard to look at this history. It hurts. The way I see it it is our cross to bear, and a small one, all oppression considered. What keeps me posting is when I hear other whites here say 'you're trying to guilt us. We weren't there. It hurts us as much as it does you.' This is completely beside the point. Rasta must deal with the reality in front of us. It's not as if we're talking about some forgotten past:in the US overt genocide has given way to total systemic racism. Hey they can kill you with a smile. Now that's progress.

I do not feel guilt, but always responsibility and yes, obligation. For Rasta to deny that this is a movement originated by and for black people, and that white people who embrace it should be set to reason with themselves and others long and hard is again to deny reality. I
think all Rasta should be watchful for cultural banditry which some practice unconsciously, and thank all defenders of Rastafari Way.

I am a Rasta without apology, and I don't get the hit that black Idrens are asking for one.
Acknowledgement, yes.
Love to all.
rootsie

Messages In This Thread

Divide & Rule
True True- Raspek 4 dat bro *NM*
Re: Divide & Rule (typo)
Re: Divide & Rule (typo)
Re: Divide & Rule:gman

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com