HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Regarding 12 Tribes
In Response To: Re: Regarding 12 Tribes ()

Blessed Love,

Seen. Thanks for the enlightenment. I'm glad you touched on the Marley aspect, as that was one of my next questions regarding the TTOI- it seems as if not all of the members hold the same views as yourself or Dr. Carrington. I only really asked the initial question of why you call yourselves Rastafarians because, personally, I'd kind of prefer that you didn't and gave yourself the distinction of being Christians who follow the example of HIM. As one who shall fight to the death in the name of Selassie I's divinity, I have adopted the "label" (though I hate using that term) of being a Rastafarian, as he is the Son of God and I shall fall to my knees and kiss his feet when on the blessed day that I see him upon the throne of New Jerusalem, alongside Hashem. All these different views amongst those called "Rastafarian" make the followers of Ras Tafari look confused, as most of the massive don't even realize that "Ras Tafari" is a man. To them "Rasta" is a term for a black man with locks and an ever-present spliff. When I attempt to enlighten a man on InI's recognization of Selassie I's divinity, I get confronted with "No! Rasta's don't think he's God", as it seems that the TTOI have an easy time spreading their views where I live, and most every TTOI "member" does not attribute divinity (in the God-head sense) to HIM. But then again, who am I to tell you what to call yourself? Time will tell.....
Thanks for the reasoning.

Give thanks to Hashem and His Son, Jesus of Nazareth I Selassie I JAH Ras Tafari

Messages In This Thread

Regarding 12 Tribes
Re:12 Tribes From LongTime

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com