HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: What do you believe Rasta ?

First, respect for being open to discuss this- I was expecting a "fire-burn". But this is an example of the difference between how I i-terpret the Bible, and how you do. Because to I- and forgive any inaccuracies because i don't have the Bible in front of me as I type this- to I, what that passage is about, is this; the Israelites was getting downpressed by the egyptians, and some of them bowed to the downpressor and start worshipping how the Egyptians want them, thereby disowning their culture, disrespecting their ancestors who died under the Egyptians, breaking the covenant they had made with Jah. So why the passage says Jah burn them, is because they bowed to the downpressors, they threw away their culture. Incense happened to be a part of the Egyptian ritual that they took up instead, that doesn't mean that now, in the twenty-first century, to burn incense means to worship some egyptian deity. It was a particular context at the time--- it was not the burning of incense itself that was important, it was the fact that they were bowing down to the ways of the downpressores and disregarding the ways of the ancestors... like the African youths today who worship the almighty dollar and the Bling-Bling bullsh*t that Babylon is promoting. But I love them still, they just need a influence other than babylon influence. Anyway that is I two cents on that one. P.S. what is your problem with the new Black Panther party? I know the late Khallid Muhammad talked a lot of f*ckery (as well as a lot of truth), but one man is not an organization... I don't like to follow earthly leaders too much because usually they don't know no more than the people they supposed to be leading, but as far as people coming together for self-defense and self-determination, help feed and clothe our community, help defend ourselves against racists and these trigger-happy killer kkkops- I'm all for that, whether it's the New Black Panther Party or whoever it may be. Respect. Jah Guide.

Messages In This Thread

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com