HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: What do you believe Rasta ?

Well speaking for myself, I usually burn incense whilst I burning I-shence because I done had four po-lice invade my house cos they say they smelled ganja. So I don't really see why Jah going to fire burn me for protecting myself from babylon.

With all due respect, Jahtruth, generally you seem very dogmatic in your views. You're so sure that you're right and everyone else is wrong, and when people disagree with you you start to think of them as your enemies and calling them snakes and satanists. Bredren, you don't have the monopoly on the truth. It is good to have strong convictions and stand by them, but it is also good to keep an open mind and be willing to hear and consider other points of view. Maybe you need a part of the truth that you are lacking, that you could get from someone else,and maybe they in turn need a part of the truth they could get from you. Your i-terpretation of the scriptures is not I i-terpretation of the scriptures, it don't mean one is right and the other wrong. Maybe both of we have parts of the truth. Is not even necessarily the same scriptures we studying, because I man read the scriptures for wisdom (bearing in mind that they were written by humans not Jah and that King James and them boys take out pieces and add pieces) but I also read the scripture that Jah is unfolding before I every second of my life. There is a scripture written in the Book, there is a scripture written in the heart mind and soul from when you born,and there is a scripture that is the events and the people and the places in this life that you have, these times that Jah make you manifest in. You fi read all a dem scriptures, not just one. And if one man read the KJV Bible and a next man read the Koran and a next man read the Talmud, and a next one read the teachings of the Buddha, and a next one maybe never learn to read but receive the ancient stories of the Yoruba by word of mouth from the elders and the griots (storytellers)... don't matter. Because all these scriptures contain nuff wisdom. But they also contain distortions, prejudices, the things which arise from humans trying to "translate" universal I-vine concepts into the context of their particular language, their particular culture, their particular time-period and understanding. So that is why, to I personally, is not everything written down in the scriptures that you fi take literally. But remember, "there is no tongue nor language in which JAH voice is not heard." JAH speaking to everyone in dem heart/soul/mind, so if you stop and listen you will know the important things. Live. Love. Learn. Show respect to all, except those who nah show respect to you. Try to make love rather than war, but when ya have to make war, know who is the enemy- anyone who stand against equal rights and justice for all Jah children. To paraphrase "IanI", respect everything from the mightiest whale to the tiniest ant, cos we all spring from the same divine source and the same divine energy. As far as fire burning anyone who don't use the name JAH RASTAFARI to praise the Creator... you can't tell me that a one who, let's say, live deep in the bush in New Guinea or somewhere, who never heard the name Rastafari and only heard the name Jesus Christ from a bunch of pirates who want to destroy his culture and have him working in some mine for them... but he is a man who live an upright life and take care of he family and never hurt no-one who never hurt him... you can't tell me that the Most High Head Creator, the Power and Might of the Trinity, King Alpha and Queen Omega the Father and Mother of all life, is gonna throw this guy into the flames of eternal hellfire because he didn't pronounce the words "Jah Rastafari". That is ridiculous. Is God some kind of narrow-minded egomaniac who will insist that people bow down and call him a certain name, or He'll throw them in hell, regardless of how many good works they've done or how much they have given respect and love to their fellow manifestations of the I-vine creative principle? (Which is what we all are- sparks from the fire of creation). That reasoning sound like a Jehovah's Witness type of nonsense, you know how they always going around saying you must call God "Jehovah" and nothing else, or you can't be saved... and a next thing, Jahtruth, stop praying for a short life and waiting for God to come and take you to heaven. It don't go so. You fi have a long healthy life and be a strong souljah fighting to establish Jah reign of equality, justice, peace and love right here on earth... maybe you wouldn't live to see it, but if you do your part, maybe your children or grandchildren would... JAH is the creative force behind life and love, I and i is manifestations/aspects of that force, so Jah fight battles through I and I the souljahs... fighting against all forms of downpression, fighting to free all life-forms from the grip of this destructive, capitalistic shit-stem that is ripping apart Mama earth her self... Heaven and hell are of your own making, states of mind/soul that ya experience here on earth, when we pass on to the other side, I feel like it will be something we can't even conceptualize at our current level. I don't feel it would be this western christian dualist heaven/hell ting- unless that is what you expect, so that is what you would interpret the experience as when you cross over... anyway it have plenty things I believe in but that is enough for now. I hope I may have provided some food for thought to Jahtruth, although I suspect I've let myself in for a serious "fire-burning." Better get out my asbestos suit... anyway, respect, peace and love still, Jah guide........

Messages In This Thread

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com