AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

How important is it to drink water?

Greets

Over a year ago a medical doctor advised me to drink at least 12 glasses of water, daily, to try and sort out a problem I have. I had been complaining to her of too frequent an urge to pass urine. One problem was that sometimes the urge to visit the bathroom resulted in nothing coming out and I might sit for up to a half an hour waiting. Usually it is during this waiting that my mind wonders to other aspects of my health problem incuding this pain and often times the thought of pleasure to substitute pain takes precedence...but I have strayed from the subject of the post.

12 glasses of water are meant to ensure that I visit the lavatory and pass more water instead of going many times for little reason. The doctor also thinks that anxiety may be a factor.

Difficulties that go with the incessant urge include not being able to sit at my work for a reasonable period of time. I am a painter and maybe in the end I have sub-consciously come to associate my work with pain and it now takes a lot to motivate me to go to work.

I have never come across '12 glasses a day' as a remedy in any of the books about Rasta ital diet that I have read.

One book by a non-Rasta spoke of how one must have 3 hours between drinking and eating: that is no water three hour before or after a meal and vice-versa. Therefore when I first 'graduated' to 12 glasses (before someone had told me to drink at least 6), I decided to have 4 early enough in the morning to have breakfast at around 8h30; 4 glasses before supper and four more before sleeping. That was hard because usually the frequent urge is worse at night. My sleep patterns were greatly affected by this water schedule and only after a year of trying have I now switched to 6 glasses in the morning and 6 in the evening. It is still difficult and I still sleep late! But recently I also had a dental operation to remove some dentures made with a metal which I was told might be depositing zinc chelates in my system which were causing the un-ceasing urge. I feel like there is some relief but I do wish I could do away with the water! Tap water isn't that pleasant nowadays either! The same medical doctor says that 12 glasses is not even enough, even when one is healthy! I wish I could go back to my childhood ways of only drinking water when I was thirsty. Why at one point in my life water must have even disappeared completely from my diet until I started reading spiritual books that had me drinking water first thing in the morning to clean out my colon.

12 glasses got me vexed and always anxious and in pain!

Paul

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com