HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

There is no 1 single RIGHT RASTA WAY!

since its appearance in JA from 1930's and its subsequent growth over the years around the globe to people of all races social classes etc. rasta has never had 1 solitary way.While this leads to much heated debate, i think it's great that there is no 1 single rasta doctrine or rules etc. It is up to each individual to worship how they like, believe and "know" what they like, and live their life the way they like under that banner of rastafarian. while he next woman or man's ways or definitions may not be yours, you don't have the right to tell them they are wrong, it is their own deal.If they are wrong in the site of the almighty, then that is their problem for HIS judgement to be upon them not ours.

LOCKS:from the begining there was combsome and beardsome rastas. so how can you say its strictly a dreadlocks thing???
rasta from the start always had a mix of dreaded and combed long and short hair, and continues to.

FOOD doctrine??? again there has been and continues to be a mix. some vegan, ital, some do dairy some eat small fish only some eat other meat. again a variety, again NO ONE SINGLE WAY!

Herb: some smoke some don't. again a variety.

Bible.. Some glory in it like HIM some literally cast it on bonfires. some deal with the old testament alone, some with the whole. AGAIN...

Technology: some refuse to use it dont wear shoes
make own sandals clothes etc.. some fly on jet planes and use computers daily. again...

There are some organized rasta sects EWF BOBO Bhinghi TTOI etc,,.. but the majority of rastas worldwide are not a member of any of these. They came to rasta in their own way, and have changed and forged their faith on their own..

rasta means HIM=God

This is another aspect that has always had a variety of answers. To some he is GOD, to some like h henry who dont use the word God he is the Almighty, to some he is the 2nd coming of Christ, to some Christ in his Kingly charcter, to some
he is the Comforter, to some he is the King of Israel and defender of the Christian Faith,
to some he is God's representative on earth, to some he is the King holding the davidic throne awaiting Christs return, to some he is the greatest of world leaders, to some he had a Christ nature or personality, but was not Christ.
many different takes on the same man, but the one common thing is the love for the man. THAT LOVE
is why people who follow and check for Selassie call themselves by his pre coronation name rastafarian.

rastafarians LOVE selassie and LOVE Africa specifically mama Ethiopia. beyond that the differences are wide and wonderful.

This post won't stop the mud slinging and rants back and forth about who is rasta and who isn't, but i thought i'd chip in my 2 cents.

as for the evangelical born again Christians trying to use patois rasta + reggae to convert everyone...hey they feel its their duty to "save"
all of our lost souls..so low them to make their pitch. If you don't want to engage them don't respond to their posts. The moderator of this board won't send them off, so we are left to read, or not read. reply or ignore. That's the beauty. you have the choice.... ras adam

Messages In This Thread

There is no 1 single RIGHT RASTA WAY!
Re: There is no 1 single RIGHT RASTA WAY!
JEFF!! FIRE PON HIM!!!!!
Re: JEFF!! FIRE PON HIM!!!!!
Yes GMan...That's all I was trying to say... *NM*
Too quick to judge and bun fiyah... *NM*
I Think I see now what you were typing...
Give Thanks Ras Adam-free us up!! *NM*
Re: Give Thanks Ras Adam-free us up!!
Re: Give Thanks Ras Adam-free us up!!
Re: Give Thanks Ras makaya simeon-free us up!! *NM*
Sorry Bout That-BIG UP STILL!! *NM*
I was Hailing Up The Thread Starter *NM*
So I guess there is no WRONG way either..
BIG UP RASTA SPEAKS BRD.GIVE THANKS 2 RAS AKEL
Re: So I guess there is no WRONG way either..
Re: So I guess there is no WRONG way either..
Re: RASTAFARI DAT RAS ADAM!
hmmm....? *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com