Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

The Blacklash Against Liberation

Im Hotep,

Can any I reason with me about why it is that whenever any Black person or group of Black people try to do something positive for the community, there is always a group of Black Sambos who immediately set about to destroy it? Here in Ohio, a brother attempted to open an Afrikan Center/Bookstore about two years ago, and a bunch of Black slaves have started running around with posters, protesting the store because the owner "is trying to teach that Black people invented everything and that whites are inferior".
Recently, I thought about forming a Kemetic study group, and when I posted the question to some of the Black message boards online, I instantly attracted a slave who is now bombarding my email address with Biblical passages, telling me that I am going to hell for not being baptized, praying to Jesus, etc.
For me, this has nothing to do with religion. Post a question about Rasta on many of these Black message boards, and you will get a myriad of crazy responses from people who have no idea what they're talking about. But my question is this- is it backlash or Blacklash? Is this simply a human response to change/progress, or is this the result of centuries of training Black people to hate and attack our own kind? Please reason with me. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread

The Blacklash Against Liberation
Re: The Blacklash Against Liberation *LINK*
Re: The Blacklash Against Liberation
Re: My response to brother gman
Re: My response to brother gman
Some of your prior views *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com