HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

THE BOOK OF THE DEAD DOES NOT CLAIM THE LINE OF H

THE EGYPTIAN BOOK OF THE DEAD(Book of the Coming Forth by Day) DOES NOT CLAIM HAILE SELASSIE I'S LINEAGE EVEN THOUGH IT TALKS OF THE HOUSE OF RASTA AND ENTERING RASTA.

Re: Divide and conquer: Egypt vs. Ethiopia?!?!

Posted By: Masimba Musodza
Date: Sunday, 2 October 2005, at 4:50 a.m.

In Response To: Divide and conquer: Egypt vs. Ethiopia?!?! (discipleofthenile)

I can only speak on my part.

I do not have a problem with Egypt. What I do have a problem with it is attempts to portray it as static- one big Golden Age.

I have a problem with attempts to trash the Bible and suggest that the Book of the Coming Forth by Day should replace it as a Rastafarian text when it is patent that there are no references to His Imperial Majesty or His lineage.

I note that some of the people who are determined to argue this one- people who make a lot of noise about freedom for Black people yet are determined to become the thought-police to the rest of us- are not even worshippers of Emperor Haile Selassie. This is absurd, you cannot talk of African unity, then start chopping off huge sections of the African population.

I deplore this misguided attempt to characterize all Judaic, Christian and Islamic African people as somehow incapable of independent thought and free choice.

It would be impossible for a Rastafarian to be anti-Egypt. Egypt was a world power at a time when our father Abraham was a nomadic pastoralist. he did not even have a book to read, while Egypt boasted many libraries. Yet, the Pharaoh was humble enough to recognise him as a man of God, and offered him his own daughter, Hagar, telling her " Go with this man, it is better for you to be a servant in his household, than a Princess in mine".

Egypt provided the skills without which Moses could have organised the Exodus. We are told that he knew all the wisdom of the Egyptians, meaning he was acquainted with the various religions etc. But he did not write about how to change yourself in to a crocdile in the afterworld, did he? Or getting your heart measured. THose who are in to that sort of thing are free to pursue it, but they should recognise that many Black people are happy to be something else. That is the path to unity- recognition of our differences and dwelling on what is more important. I would gladly call a brother/sister any person who recognises that I am Rastafarian and just as much as they would resent me labelling them ignorant or confused or in denial, they would refrain from pre-judgements based on what someone else wrote and see me for what I am. Look at that chap, who until I mentioned it had no idea that we had a name "Fura", now called "Mt Darwin" which links to the Biblical "Ophir", now he is accusing me of denying my heritage because I use the Biblical form. He is so desperate to paint a label on me ( to then hang me, perhaps, like the Ku Klux Klan does after deciding that certain people are to be removed from society?)

So, when I come to your Egyptian temple, I believe that as a Rastafarian, I should respect it. Likewise, when you come in to the Maqdas and you see the Matsafe Qiddus being passed around by the Priest and the worshippers kissing it reverently, it is not your place to judge.

It is plain to see that even though the Egyptian Book of the dead (Book of the Coming Forth by Day), does mention a house called Rasta and joining a house called Rasta, it doe not give real credence to the lineage of the man Named Ras Tafari Makkonen's lineage.

many will forever tell me the person in the flesh of Emperor Haile Selassie I, does'nt matter because Rastafari is from creation, and because of this same reasoning i see a foundation reason built here saying the Bible stories are all borrowed from the original stories from the Egyptian book of the dead,(Book of the Coming Forth by Day).

Well i know the Emperor to be a wise man, and while many truths are rooted in the Egytian book of the dead,(Book of the Coming Forth by Day).
it is in the Bible and the Kebra Nagast, that it HIGHLIGHTS the Solomonic Dynasty to which the Egyptian book of the dead, will pay more attention to the likes of HERU OR ISIS FOR EXAMPLE.

I QUOTED MASIMBA'S POST BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE TO ME, IN THE SENSE THAT WHILE PEOPLE LIKE SESH WILL HOLD THAT ISRAEL ARE A ALIEN NATION CALLED HYSKOS, THAT INVADED KHEMIT, THE EMPEROR ON THE OTHER HAND ACCCEPTS HE IS A FAMILY MEMBER OF THE BIBLICAL HOUSE OF DAVID CALLED THE HOUSE OF JUDAH.

If Israel is a fraud nation and Egypt never slaved them, why does the Emperor claim a lineage of Israelite descent? yes many times it as been said on this very forum that you can't render the substitute over the original, so are ones on this board telling me that the Emperor was playing a childish game when he told the whole entire world he was from the line and family tree of King David, AND his son King Solomon?

Yes when studying the two books the Bible, and the Egyptian book of the dead,(Book of the Coming Forth by Day), when it comes to the Emperor i have to give more credence to the Bible and the Kebra Nagast, as these books bring me straight in line with the Man i have come to see and know As Emperor Haile Selassie I the First, the Egytian book of the dead, (Book of the Coming Forth by Day), does not do that for me.

anyway as far as it goes if Egypt is your glory you will stand for that, if Israel is your glory you will stand for that, well i needed to put this out, for if the Claims of the Egyptian scholars are true, then the Emperor Haile Selassie I lied about is background and where he is coming from, for if the Khemitian scholars are saying all Bible stories are allegory and Myth, then the Emperor must be a big overgrown child claiming a mythical and fantasical, lineage, are King David, and King Solomon real? is Queen Makeada, of SHEBA real or just a figment of people imaginations? yes come on you scholars, is the Emperor from a real lineage or a mythical allegory lineage?

yes it is obvious that the Egyptian book of the dead,(Book of the Coming Forth by Day),is here to disclaim whatever was written in the Bible, yet all of the Emperor's developement as we know it, concerning his lineage, comes via the Bible or Kebra Nagast, so i want the scholars here to tell me how much credence does the Book of the dead give the Emperor and the HOUSE OF RASTAFARI really,i see the House of Rasta spoken of in the Egyptian book of the dead, as different to the House of Rastafari, that Hail Emperor Haile Selassie I as the Almighty.

Yes why is H.I.M DYNASTY NOT A EGYTIAN ONE? WHY DOES NOT HE CLAIM RA OR AMON AS HIS GOD? SO MANY QUESTIONS FOR THE RASSES WHO HAVE DROPPED BIBLICAL EVENTS FOR THE BOOK OF THE DEAD(Book of the Coming Forth by Day),
EVENTS.

That said to all you Khemit Scholars, are you telling me that the Great Ethiopian Emperor is from a mythical and imaginary family tree and lineage?

I leave you with that question above, ALL BLESSING AND ALL BLEST.

I AM HON KES AA ADOFO.

Messages In This Thread

THE BOOK OF THE DEAD DOES NOT CLAIM THE LINE OF H
Re: THE BOOK OF THE DEAD DOES NOT CLAIM THE LINE O
Africa doesn't need biblical justification
Re: Africa doesn't need biblical justification
hyksos introduced the chariot into warfare *NM*
correction answered not asked *NM*
Re: THE BOOK OF THE DEAD DOES NOT CLAIM THE LINE O *LINK*
Re: SELASSIELIVE
Re: BLESSEDFLAMES
FLAME ON then. *NM*
Re: BLESSEDFLAMES..ubermensch or herd?
Re: BLESSEDFLAMES..ubermensch or herd?
what happens when refuse to see.......oedipus rex *NM*
COULDNT BE MORE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
yes *NM*
so did any one answer your question
question sesha
Re: question sesha
that would be pre-talmudic?
Re: that would be pre-talmudic?
i should also ask......
how the grinch stole krst-x *NM* *LINK*
LOL

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com