Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: This iIs What White People Think Of Us

Greetings Baba Ras Marcus,

I-wombman and humbled in the presence of the I and give thankhs for the posting of this letter.

I sight a significant issue as being that the Civil Rights era's goal of pursuing “equality” has not evolved enough within the Afrikan- Amerikan community. The work of leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King, in I opinion, is not to be ignored or undermined, --as Elder Ras Pidow has said, “Doctor Martin Luther King, his name shall ever reign”. InI have to overstand and teach the youth the TRUTH about that era, not only the mainstreamed version.

When Dr. King and other Black leaders and activists of the Civil Rights era began to re-focus their attention to address communal, inter-national issues that challenged the white supremacy/ imperialism of the United States, in I opinion, is when they truly became a threat to the State worthy of the homicidal reign of terror that the US government launched against them. The prospect of negotiation was eliminated at the point when it appeared that Black people of that time were not going to be satisfied by a few of their own being granted the “opportunity” to become flag-waving American subjects (as opposed to being American objects).

In I opinion Afrikan- Amerikans as a community have failed to continuously reassess InI positions, goals and tactics since the assassinations of the leaders of the 1950s -1970s. Black people throughout the Diaspora have not found an Inited sense of InI Afrikan identity. Hence, when some Black people, particulary in the ‘United States’, have attained access to the “American Dream” of acquiring excess, of ‘having more’ than their brethren and sistren, they have not had a communal, inter-national overstanding of the responsibility and opportunity accompanying their wealth. Having fought for and won certain opportunities for “equal rights” under the law in America, some of InI peoples have accepted an individualist, capitalist Americ(/kkk)-an primary identification over a communal, holistic Afrikan Identity.

Again, I give thankhs for the posting of this letter, although I do not sight what the writer describes as primarily characteristics of “Black” people. Rather, in I opinion, these are primarily characteristics of ones who have internalized American, capitalist idealism. And as the I rightly pointed out, where this is applicable to Afrikan Americans specifically it is a reflection of the intergenerational memories of the conditions/ legacy of slavery.

Blessed love and most raspect to you.

Messages In This Thread

This iIs What White People Think Of Us

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com