HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: I agree 100000000%%%%
In Response To: I agree 100000000%%%% ()

Who do you see as "whining" and why do you see it as "whining"? (Or are you just talking in general terms?)
When does pointing something out become "whining" about it, what's the dividing line?
What's the dividing line between challenging ourselves to do better (as Marcus Garvey often did to his audiences, often in quite "harsh" language), and beating ourselves up?
I don't think the evils of white supremacy can be pointed out enough. Every manifestation of white supremacy that manifested in the past is still manifesting today.
Sometimes some of the same ones accused of "whining" could be the same ones busy doing a lot of the works you (correctly) suggest: creating our own schools, institutions, etc.
Not saying I don't agree with the general principle that I think you're advocating (less talk, more action). Remember that talk and action are not mutually exclusive though.
If we still got brainwashed Black people joining US, UK etc. armies, police forces, etc., then obviously some of our people still have not seen the white supremacist system for what it is. So it cannot hurt to point out certain things to people. If you feel it's tiresome because you know it already, then, well, you're not being forced to read/listen to every reasoning on this board or in the world in general.
And in response to Ras Shawn... yes it's depressing to see the divisions amongst us as Black people... which are all encouraged by the white supremacist system.
And whaddaya think of this so-called "racially motivated" arson in London. (A Black man has supposedly been firebombing Pakistani/Indian/Bangla-owned shops and in the absence of any other motive they are "treating it as racially motivated"... based on what? A desire to stir up trouble between black and brown Africans and black and brown South Asians in the streets of London? Why do they consider it more likely to be "racially motivated" than the act of some random nutter (thanks for "care in the community", Mrs. Thatcher). And have you seen the police composite sketch of the perpetrator? Looks like a Sambo cartoon. Black people better stop nyamming Mickey Deez and KFC cos I tellin you every overweight Black man in London gon be a suspect for this now.

Messages In This Thread

Stop Whining!
I agree 100000000%%%%
The link to "racist" firebomb story. *NM*
Re: The link to "racist" firebomb story. *LINK*
Re: The link to "racist" firebomb story.
Re: The link to "racist" firebomb story.
have you read the entire work of neely fuller jr.?
Re: have you read the entire work of neely fuller
cyber-glitch? you tell ini
Re: cyber-glitch? like waco/move *NM*
Re: cyber-glitch? like waco/move *LINK*
neely fuller jr: or albert einstein? who's #1?
now, look who is "whinning"
Re: Stop Whining!
Stop Whining!read the entire work of neely fuller
or "contribute to the rhetoric" *NM*
Interesting

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com