Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

I agree 100000000%%%%
In Response To: Stop Whining! ()

Strong words my Brother, and in I opinion very accurate!

I thought InI (our) collective knowledge would have taught InI (us) by now that blaming the white man for all InI ills will get us nowhere.

For Rasta people, it is an unsaid given that white supremacy put InI in slavery blah, blah, blah. It is unsaid because in part it is that knowledge which inspired InI to embrace Rastafari in the first place. But without taking on board Marcus Garvey's teaching of self determination InI will stand still and get nowhere.

"If you can't find work, make work" Marcus said.

Of course racism still exists, but from what I see in most cases is the aftershock of the psycological effects of generations of racism which has kept us down and shooting eachother, etc, rather than actual present day racism itself. To then go on about how powerful and smart the white supremacists are is then just promoting a self fulfilling prophecy and is no help to the 'struggling' Brothers and Sisters at all.

It is the time to be ambitious and inspirational and set InI sights High. Not cripple ourselves with inferiority complexes which would mean the next generation of Afrikan children are too psycologically damaged to have any ambition at all.

"Let God be our limit and eternity be our measure. There is no height to which we cannot climb by using the active intelligence of our own minds." Marcus Garvey

Racism will always exists, whether it is of the white supremacist kind of otherwise. (Some may rebuke me here by saying the only racism is 'white supremacist racism', but please don't bother as I know the arguments!). In the UK there is now much "racial tension" by the black British/Afrikan Caribbean community against the new incoming Somali community. How depressing is that!!!???

The only way white supremacy will ever be eradicated is if all goodwill people of all nations rise up and be ambitious and actively change the cultures and societies within which we live. History will show us that is how deep changes in 'civilisations' have happened throughout the ages, and not the shorter impacts of violent revolutions.

We can only really ever account for ourselves, so InI as an individual has to RISE UP! InI as a family has to RISE UP! InI as Rasta people have to RISE UP! InI as the Afrikan diaspora have to RISE UP! The key is to RISE UP to the challenge, and not get ground down by inferiority complexes.

In the words of Ras J-Tesfa
"Rasta is of Peace, with no fear of the evil of men. For by the dreadlock of one's hair is a covenant established with JAH and the ancient guardian angels of the present generation, who in their evolution will rise up to take their rightful place in this creation."

RASpect and RISE UP.

Rastafari Peace and One Love,

Ras Shawn Naphtali

Messages In This Thread

Stop Whining!
I agree 100000000%%%%
Re: I agree 100000000%%%%
Re: I agree 100000000%%%%
The link to "racist" firebomb story. *NM*
Re: The link to "racist" firebomb story. *LINK*
Re: The link to "racist" firebomb story.
Re: The link to "racist" firebomb story.
have you read the entire work of neely fuller jr.?
Re: have you read the entire work of neely fuller
cyber-glitch? you tell ini
Re: cyber-glitch? like waco/move *NM*
Re: cyber-glitch? like waco/move *LINK*
neely fuller jr: or albert einstein? who's #1?
now, look who is "whinning"
Re: Stop Whining!
Stop Whining!read the entire work of neely fuller
or "contribute to the rhetoric" *NM*
Interesting

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com