HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

What If?

all these intelligent people, who have a passion for equity, justice and development in Africa and abroad developed a consensus, whereby strategies could be implemented to make tangible contributions that could have real impact on the lives of Africans at home and abroad.
What if the intellectual innergies and the activist prowess which is displayed on this website-translated to the actions of the hungry being fed, the naked clothed, and the ill made better.

I have an idea and knowledge of what Leopold did in the Congo, as well as the players, both foreig and domestic who have contributed to the suffering in the country.
What I dont know, is where can I contribute; to help in the Congo. Where can books, pencils, pens, computers, paper be forwarded in the Congo-to help the people in the Congo.

I know everyones opinion about Mugabe-
What I dont know is: where/who can be contacted in Zimbabwe to aid the people of the country irrespective of their political affiliation.

I know that historically/presently the color of Africans skin has been used as an instrument of oppresion by foreigners and our very own brothers.

I dont know where/how-or the best way to to assist those Semitic or light skin Africans who are suffering in Somalia,Ethiopia, Kenya, etc.

I dont know the best way to assist those dark skin Africans in Liberia, Ghana, S. Leone, SEnegal, etc, who are seeking to control their own destiny, but may not have the infrastructure in their areas, that promotes the realization of their goals. How can we work to assist these brothers and sisters?

I know the Oromos have suffered. We can debate on the cause of the sufferation, but,
I dont know the best way to help alleviate the suffering, we wish to help.

I believe that these ideas are shared by all Rastafari, and people of goodwill irrespective of their spiritual path.

What can be done to ease the suffering?

Agencies, Individuals, Organizations-
list them and let us rally around and put in the neccesary work to develop our continent, while simulataneously engaging in debate.

Messages In This Thread

What If?
Re: What If?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com