Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Propaganda or real??
In Response To: Propaganda or real?? ()

If a power were to be hidden in a way that none could feel or witness it, could it be said to exist?

No. In the minds of those who had never felt it, and to those who could see no sign of it's works, this power, even though it was all around men, would be non-existent. And, this is why some men think that until they have named and described a thing, it does not exist. This is why they would argue to the death on definitions because, if you change a definition that they are comfortable with, then you are changing the shape that fits a particular hole in thier awareness.

What we need to remember at all times is this, just as the ocean existed before the land and so can never be overthrown by the land, so the things we try to describe existed before we found the words to describe them.In short, we will never be capable of describing reality in it's entirity.

But we try, and this is where myth comes in :

"Myth - Dictionary definition 1 : A parable, ALLEGORY."

For anyone brought up inside any of the strands of African thought, to sight Haile Selassie as divine is easy. I was taught that the potential for power is a birthright of all humans. I use the word 'power' here in it's real sense. Power as in Creation. In the waste, technology (i.e.adaptation) is mistaken for power. True power is the ability to bring forth from Nothing, something. Any body or entity that fails this definition is only faking power.

"Myth - Dictionary definition 2 : A person or thing having a fictitious existence."

Here now is a good example to examine the uses of words to carry concepts. Within, the tradition I stand, this definition has no meaning. There is no concept of 'fiction'. There are lies told with evil intention, lies told to entertain and the truth. What has to be of concern at all times is the consequent effect (REGARDLESS OF INTENTION) resulting from the conjuring up of the powers related to specific words/concepts. I said 'conjuring' because the Word is the first act of creation. My purpose, when I speak on my truth is this, I am acknowledging and affirming the hierachy between what is authentic and what is derived.

"Myth - Dictionary definition 3 : Traditional story that embodies popular belief or EXPLAINS A PRACTICE, BELIEF OR NATURAL PHENOMENON."

The arguement between those who claim Haile Selassie to be Almighty God and those who are trying to bring foward the explanation of Kemet is this : You worship a man. You worship a man who never asked to be a focus of your worshipful senses, a man who in fact identified himself as one following the teachings of another. Whatever he achieved on that journey, no one knows. No one witnessed the ascensions of his soul. Yet, whatever he did, you can do. Why act like one who has been showed the door, knocks on the door and when invited in, simply bows in front of the door and retains his position outside. The ancestors of Kemet said, we can all enter that room, we can all become a manifestation of Almighty God. The goal of the ancestors was not to worship Ausar but, to BECOME Ausar.

"Myth - Dictionary definition 4 : A belief subscribed to UNCRITICALLY by an (interested) group"

Which is a definition that in fact covers the ones who refuse to entertain questions concerning the divinity of Haile Selassie. According to this definition, YOU ARE THE MYTH-MAKERS. And, when veiwed in the light of the urgent neccesity that Africans come to the realisation that there is a highest power that they can be elevated to, your construction of a boundary between Almighty and worshipper can be seen as an act of sabotage.

This much I KNOW : Haile Selassie walked on the Earth. Who his great, great...great grandfather was makes no difference to the way I view his works, because, if you go further back, you will also meet the ones from whom EVERY SINGLE AFRICAN that has, is, or will walk this Earth was born. Who could have been more powerful than these? And who here knows what names they answered to when they walked the Earth?

Messages In This Thread

Propaganda or real??
you are obviously seperating FAITH from TRUTH
Re: you are obviously seperating FAITH from TRUTH
sorry, i meant we'll be okay, i mean fine *NM*
Their is a Difference Between Fauith and Knowledge
Re: Their is a Difference Between Fauith and Knowl
ANOTHER QUESTION
Re: ANOTHER QUESTION
Re: ANOTHER QUESTION
where would ones like to go? *NM*
Final Call
More talk on 'black hate'? *NM*
could lij eyasu been the one predicted by marcus?
Re: could lij eyasu been the one predicted by marc
Re: could lij eyasu been the one predicted by marc *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com