HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: These Are Very Serious Allegations, Any Commen

Even if this is true (I have no idea, I'm not there) it is very hyperbolic. The only concrete thing they're saying is that one person has been threatened and assaulted. Not to condone such behavior in any way shape or form (or to assume that it happened or didn't happen), but comparing that to "ethnic cleansing" and the "massacres of Dafur, Sudan" is a bit of a stretch to say the least. And what's with this "list of suspected terrorists", they're trying to get people to inform on other rastafari people and say they are terrorists? On what grounds? By whose definition of terrorism? It seems quite suspicious to me. Anyone who had a personal beef with anyone could now inform on them and claim they are a "terrorist". As we know as soon as you're *accused* (not proven) to be a "terrorist" all your rights are thrown out of the window.
On the other hand, there are elements who at least *call* themselves Rastafari (as opposed to just dreadlocks) who have at least some gangster-istic if not terrorist tendencies. Given the horrifically violent environments that many rasta people come from and have been consciously or unconsciously conditioned by, I'd be surprised if there weren't a few such people. We are all products of our environment to a certain extent. When you grow up surrounded by a gangsta mentality, you might have to adopt that mentality to an extent just to survive. What is really astonishing is not that, it's that so many Rastafari people from such environments do *not* have such a mentality. Really on the whole Rastafari people are an amazingly peaceful people given the conditions many have to deal with.
So I would say this is hyperbole and slander, even if it is based on a kernel of truth (not saying it is or it isn't cos I don't know). I've certainly never met any self-proclaimed Rasta, "gangsta"-ish or otherwise, who professed admiration for bin Laden etc. (who works for the CIA still anyway in my opinion).

Messages In This Thread

These Are Very Serious Allegations, Any Comments?
is anyone else having trouble researching this?
Re: is anyone else having trouble researching this
EWF Groups Are In Rivalry
Shoot and shoot to kill order given to police.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com