HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Origins of Christianity in the Essenes

Yea Iyah. Nietzsche is considered one of the most renowned philosopher of all time. People always quote him like he was truly an enlightened being. Sigmund Freud said of Nietzsche: "Nietzsche had a more penetrating degree of self-knowledge than any other man who ever lived or was ever likely to live. His premonitions and insights often agree in the most amazing manner with the laborious results of psychoanalysis."

Hitler was also influenced by the works of Nietzsche.

I took a seminar course in college where I studied the works of Nietzsche...from Ecce Homo (his autobiograpy) to Geneality of Morals, to the Will to power, to Thus Spoke Zarathustra, to the Gay Science. Studying him gave me some insight on the mind of Europeans and how they were obsessed with conquering and being in control. I never was fond of his works I must say though. It reeked of New World Order/imperialism/white supremacy.

I actually wrote a term paper on the comparison of Dionysus and Christ, to which Nietzsche liked to make reference. Especially when he wrote that "God is dead" Every time my professor said that quote, the first thing that would come to my mind was Burning Spear:

"They tried to fool the black population, by telling them that Jah Jah dead. IandI know that....Jah No Dead."

Peace
selassieilive

Messages In This Thread

Origins of Christianity in the Essenes
LINK *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com