HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: No Such Place as Safe
In Response To: Re: No Such Place as Safe ()

Thats the point.....no white authority on Rastafari
Truth and Right, simple
White privilege is not going away till InI face it and conquer it individually thus collectively
at the same time its not a destination to reach
but to simply be
Iver evaluating what we seek, what we talk, what we walk
I dont know about you, but I don't want to live with regret
have to be fearless and crucially examine deep seeded vibes itinually
and WORK from there
I love this quote

"Water-pistol man full of ammunition...squirtin' out fires on a world-wie mission...but did you ever stop to think about the flowers in your own backyard?" -Michael Franti/Spearhead

Exactly, no one on a world wide mission here. Nor do I see that with Tim Wise, but rather I see him impacting change through individual reasoning and reading.
By engaging in reasoning on white privilege, the matrix reloaded......we see this situation of class and caste in this society. Our society thrives on the divide of the rich and the poor...but the over-riding denominator is based in the discrimination of dark skinned people...how much of our goods come off their backs iyah...just think of rubber alone...
Yes we are striving for a simpler life....
But the cornerstone of that is addressing the situation we live in right now...and the unfair advantages at the expense of others
Truth and Right? Where is it? Isn't it all of which is spoken about in any holy book you pick up?

Rasta Know and Promote it
African Liberation Movement

What do we white people do?

*I say address these issues Truthfully, in reasoning with Iveryone... your neighbors, friends and family......

*Support those more qualified to lead...that means not dictating to dark skin people what Rasta is....also an example for I in a backyard level it means I support qualified darker skin people to lead in our majority darker skinned neighborhood org. which allocates hundreds of thousands of dollars each year on housing, crime prevention, and youth programs, etc...my involvement with this group has shown me indeed how ravenous our white privilege is....from an all white board controlling this $, to a now 4 whites and 3 non white group, still not a fair representation, but the momentum is in the right direction. The blatant racism I have seen in this community is haunting, let alone the implied vibes...and iyah this could be and is any neighborhood in the USA... its transparent because of $control...pun intended

*We have to change our consumerism habits...know where are goods come from and by what means...and act in right from there...

*Still the most important thing any of us can do to "save the world"
as a dear sister has told I....just work on "saving your own ass"
Examine our white privilege for what it is.....its not the authentic you....or all we were meant to be....but indeed its an ugly thing ingrained and conditioned in us in this society from birth that must be faced
That to me means Truth and Right
Like the symbol of the Iyesus, Buddha, Allah, Selassie, IRATION...................................
BE!
yes......like the flowers in your own backyard
Living up to the integrity of all that you were designed to be by the Supreme Mother and Father
And to some the roaring lion and lioness defending His/Her true "pride" is the most gorgeous of all.

Messages In This Thread

No Such Place as Safe *LINK*
If there was no authority
What does Tim Wise know of RASTAFARI? *NM*
Re: What does Tim Wise know of RASTAFARI?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com