HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

no more supremacy

What are we searching for? Truth? Justice? Happiness?
If so, for whom? For me only, or for my family, friends, community? Can there be truth, justice and happiness if confined to some, excluding others? Is it real happiness as long as I know that one of my sisters or brothers is suffering, and as long as our mother earth is raped and polluted?
Aren't we all connected? Is not every single one of us responsible for the happiness of all? Can we leave behind our separedness we hail as 'I'?
When alone we may feel so unsecure about this 'I'. How big it suddenly becomes confronted with others 'I-s'; - and it may become a monster when this 'I' becomes a member of a group, with a certain name, make it 'black' or 'white', when confronted with another group with a different name. We may forget all to look into the eyes of the man to recognize.
The ones in power know that all too well and will define a group for us we readily identify with, and now we can point to the others and blame them for our shortcomings and sufferings, we may say: They are the outsiders, the danger, the evil.
We may say: I am a man of God, you are the capitalist, and I blow you up sitting in your office building, or I am a man of God, you are the terrorist, I blast you with a bomb, or put you in a cage. I am the arian, you the jew, I kill you. I am the jew, you the palestine, and for each jew killed I'll kill 10 of you folks. I an an American and I cry out loud for 18 special forces killed while 500 Somalians, mostly children and women, are slewn. I will lie, and kick and betray in the name of my group, say that you are wrong, to make myself sure that I am right. - I am the real Rastafari, and the others, beware, are the outsiders, the one's that don't know, the betrayers and the infiltrators....Is there never an end?
Let's wake up! Let's leave behind the tyrrany of devisions and names, knowing that we all are interdependent and ultimately one. As long as we don't, daring to say Jah, or God, peace and love, is, even if unaware, but pointing a gun in disguise.

Messages In This Thread

no more supremacy
Re: no more supremacy

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com