Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: starvation
In Response To: starvation ()

What I think is that Selassie-I was trying to bring the modern world to an empire that was still in many ways Medieval. It wasn't just commies HIM have to worry about, but elements in his own ruling class, stuck in the past, and reactionary to the max. The challenges were so complex. To say 'he starved his people' is just way too simple to think about it. It is not a small thing that Ethiopia alone resisted colonization, and foolish to think ones did not want to make Ethiopia suffer for it. Look how in this hemisphere how Jamaica, and especially Haiti, have suffered for fighting the Europeans. It is good to read history and look into these things. Don't give up, Lion! The more you read the more you see into the Greatness of Selassie-I. Many attempts have been made to diminish HIM and throw dirt, but ultimately none will stick.
love,
rootsie

Messages In This Thread

starvation

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com