Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Ethiopian/Solomonic Tradition of Qabalah

SELAM!

I post this as InI find it crucial to OVERSTAND the ROOT of Rastafari from the "spectacles of Ethiopia". As Afrikan Sciences are often misoverstood by Rastafari today, I am hoping this will shed greater Light and bring forth some good sound reasonings:

"The ancient masters passed on the knowledge, the modern masters adapt it to modern needs. The Seeds of Knowledge that Solomon planted, not only resulted in the birth of his son Menelyk, but preserved a religion that is still practiced in Ethiopia today, a religion known as Falasha, and its Holy Book is known as the Kebra Negast, sacred to the people as are their religious relics and paintings. It is comparable to the Torah, the Bible, and the Koran. It was said in ancient times that no copy of the Kebra Negast was ever to leave the country, though this is something that has been overturned in modern times. Its other title is “The Glory of the Kings” and it is venerated by the people as containing the ultimate proof of their lineage with the Hebrew Patriarchs, and the vital link with King Solomon. Even so, the translation from Coptic into Arabic, and back into Modern Ethiopian has resulted in many errors made by enthusiastic Christian Missionaries.

The traditions with which I am most familiar are those of the Western and African Traditions and I was first initiated into Voudoun, an African based tradition, and I have now embraced an awareness of the Qabalah under the Solomonic Tradition. Many people think of Voudoun as so called Black Magic, but this is not an accurate description of the Voudoun Religion. Voudoun has both positive and negative aspects. The energy and force generated by this tradition’s rituals are a compelling reason for continuing the practice.

The Solomonic Tradition that is practiced now is based on ancient Hebrew and Coptic magical teachings. Such rituals are not as energetic as those of Voudoun, the focus of the energy is different because unlike Voudoun, possession does not always take place. There are no elaborate songs and dances, but rather mantras, chants, choral prayers and responses are used to reach a level of purification, consecration and rejuvenation of the spirit, mind, and body. This level is achieved under the guidance of a High Priestess who has the power and knowledge to attain a high degree of the right kind of energy and sustain it throughout the ritual."

To continue reading in fullness, please click the link below.

What are your thoughts? Come mek we reason...

ROOTS

Messages In This Thread

Ethiopian/Solomonic Tradition of Qabalah
Re: Ethiopian/Solomonic Tradition of Qabalah
Re: Ethiopian/Solomonic Tradition of Qabalah Yes I

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com