HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: Is Rastafari Christian ?
In Response To: Is Rastafari Christian ? ()

I search as a little one. 12 years old I sit in a greek and Roman Mythology class and I start to think. Why do we say this here greek and roman stories are mythology yet these stories that I parents take I to on sundays are Real. I said right then "NO" you can not lie to me----I will look for myself and find the truth. Some years later I hear the voice of an angel and him take I to Rastafari. And now Rasta has taken I to Africa the Cradle of Civilization. And what do I find in the Africa? Those stories that those sunday people tried to tell I were myths, are really the roots that those Suday people tried to pass off as their own with characters looking like them. Them Christian people plagarized and give no credit to the origianl writers of those stories---- AFRICANS!!

so here I post with no apoligies

"For instance in Egypt THREE THOUSAND YEARS ago, the birth of the Sun-god was celebrated in the temple on the 25th of December; it was the first day to lengthen obviously after December 21st, the day of the winter solstice. At the midnight hour, on the very first minute of the 25th of december, the birth of the sun was commemorated. At that time the sun was in the zodiacal sign Capricorn, which was known as the Stable of Augeus; so the infant Sun-god was said to have been born in a STABLE. Shining brightly on the meridian was Sirius(the star from the east); while rising in the east was Virgo(the VIRGIN), the line of the horizon passing through her center. To the right of Sirius was Orion, the great hunter, with three stars to his belt. These stars lie in a straight line and point toward Sirius; and in Ancient times were known as THE THREE KINGS. We meet them in the Gospels as the Three Wise men............" (Introduction to African Civilizations, Jahn G. Jackson)

The story of Jes-us is a beautiful story and if it inspires one to live a fuller life that too is beautiful, but lets not continue to deny the true authors of the story their due----------AFRICANS STAND PROUD, YOU ARE MY GUIDE.

Messages In This Thread

Is Rastafari Christian ?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com