HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Black Supremacy

I know some a y'all probably sick and tired of this race discussion... too bad.
"Black Supremacy", what is it, what does it mean?

To I, saying something is supreme doesn't imply a comparison between that thing and another, it just means there is nothing GREATER than that thing. "Superiority" implies a comparison, "I am better than you", but "supremacy" doesn't have to be exclusive. For instance i could say Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Miriam Makeba and Jimi Hendrix are all "supreme" musicians, meaning you couldn't find a better musician, but all those four people could be equally "supreme."
So to I "Black Supremacy" does not imply that whites or anybody else are lower... just that no one is higher.
I think the term has different meanings for different people. Some would say Black is supreme because it is human beings' original color from which all other variations come. Some would say Blacks are especially chosen people and have a leadership role to play, i.e. whites should follow them instead of the other way round, a reversal of the present social order.
But in all my time involved with rastafari I have yet to meet any rasta who sees "Black Supremacy" the same way the so-called Aryans see "White Supremacy." Never met a black rasta who wanted to enslave or kill all whites, like the white supremacists want to do to we. Not even ital iman i, I think he's nutty as a fruitcake but he doesn't say to kill or enslave all whites. He says he would accept whites as followers or sympathizers, just not as full members of his "movement".
So all you 'white' people out there, next time you hear "Black Supremacy" and cry "racism", think about what it really means.
Guidance! Jah Rastafari Love and Blessings to all.

Messages In This Thread

Black Supremacy
Re: Black Supremacy
Badanb Alamarradat - MisUnderstanding
Re: Black Supremacy- for ferenj (whitey) too?
Re: Black Supremacy- for ferenj (whitey) too?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com