Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive

Re: how is it ok?
In Response To: Re: how is it ok? ()

Peace Love and Respect to my elder sistren E.A.S.
I don't have much time on the computer right now so excuse me if I have to bust out in the middle of this reasoning.
First, I'm not sure what the I is referring to as the part that is missing, and the connection with Bob Marley... whether you referring to my post that started to explain my personal path towards Rastafari, or the one where I put the question to Ras O. about Bob being an adulterer.
If it's to do with my path towards Rasta, then I hope I didn't give the impression that I thought Bob Marley was some divine being, any more than we all are divine beings... I was just explaining the different steps that led me to where i am now. Bob's music was one such step.
If it's to do with the adultery issue, I refrain from judgement on that one. I've been guilty of it myself (unless you have to be officially married to be an adulterer). I'm not proud of it but I do wonder if the one man-one woman thing is right for everybody. I feel like I can't be with just one woman all my life, my biology tells me otherwise! So when a moral law clashes with a natural instinct me haffe wonder which is right. Why did Jah give we these natural instincts? Not saying that self-control isn't important...
I think the issue with adultery is more the deception and hurting of feelings aspect, than the act itself... if I can have more than one woman without deceiving or hurting them, what's really the problem? Of course there is the disease issue because these are some dangerous times we living in...
Well I gots to cut out. My sister I like to think I'm not stiff-necked and I will always listen to any criticism/correction! Don't mean I'll necessarily agree with it though. If my responses lack clarity, it's probably beacuse these are issues I'm still working out in my own mind, I have many more questions than answers, I don't consider myself some ultra-enlightened disciple who has reached the plateau, I am still climbing the mountain, one step at a time.
Respect! Bless! JAH guide InI forIva

Messages In This Thread

how is it ok?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com