AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Female Nudity
In Response To: Female Nudity ()

The universal energy leads us well. Just yesterday, I was remarking to myself how comfortable I was becoming in my own skin. I am pleased to find this. I feel so at ease as I age and follow along this journey to seek the truth. The more I know and understand, the greater I learn who I am. And in that regard, I am comfortable now in that nudity without needing media or a male to tell me that I should be.

If I may be so bold as to say, I am embracing the feminine divine that is in me.

As a female, I am bombarded with mainstream images of an ideal perpetuated by media. I am constantly challenged by females and males about the correct body type that women should seek to obtain. The types of clothing on sale, the beauty products to make me appear younger, tighten my skin, whiten my skin! The SPANX, push ups, padding, hair extensions, skin foundations, nails, eyelashes- I can't keep up! My pet peeve- the breast/butt enlargement, aureola reduction, vaginoplasty, tattoed makeup, surgery to remove lower ribs, cheek implants, botox, surgery to shorten the second toe of the foot to wear stilettoes and more!!!
Or the numerous diet pills, diet drinks and diet plans! The numerous gyms, the insane workouts, and zumba and pole dancing- whatever happened to a good old fashioned jog or swim?

All these chemically tainted, sometimes tested on animals, potentially dangerous, side effect causing products are expensive and unnecessary. Their creation based on the premise that what I look like isn't good enough- so "MAKE ME OVER." Another way for corporate America and Europe to market themselves for the continual brainwash that women should look like what they want them to. Give the rest of the world's women another reason to hate their bodies.

Because the rest of us are too fat, too dark, too kinky-haired to be considered gorgeous by those standards. So our body size, our skin tone, our hair, the colour of our eyes and hair are to be changed. Not me, and not a lot of other women who can embrace that this body is mine and theirs. And it remains important that when it comes to my body; I choose carefully what goes into it and what I put on it and I choose carefully who shares the joys of it.

Do women know what they look like naked? Truly naked? Stripped down past the lies that they swallow and and inculcate mentally? It is important to highlight real beauty starts in the mind, through knowing, through breaking the myths and sterotypes. But so often women refuse, even when the truth is in front of them. The worst I have experienced is when another woman who looks like me tells me that I need this or that to look beautiful. It's when I know I need to work more on me, because she can't see how content I am to be this image and not the misguided one she desires.

Female nudity coupled with confidence and awareness of the SELF is one of the most beautiful things females can aspire. But there is a constant battle against the ideal. We have to wave our flags higher, make our voice louder and let go of the fear that we don't measure up.

I love this that I got. Whatever flaws the unenlightened masses see is what I know are the best parts of me. Because as far as it goes, I don't want to blend in. I want to stand out!

Messages In This Thread

Female Nudity
Re: Female Nudity *LINK*
Re: Female Nudity *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com