AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: you dont know what I do
In Response To: you dont know what I do ()

One thing, I dont have my face along with my children's face plastered on the internet.

Anyone can see what you and your children look like at any time. Does that not concern you? You have no worries about what amouts to having a PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE dossier??? with name, photos, spouse, children...the works.
+++++++++++++++

NO it does not concern me. I stand by my words, my actions and my works, and my family stands with me. All of those "links" that you and others post have "Authors/Names etc" ; because those that write those words are accountable for what they write - some people prefer anononymity on message boards, and others are more transparent. Ultimately its up to the individual.

Lets use Glen Ford (Black Agenda Report) who write provocative statements and who wrote:

"The Butchering of Gaddafi Is America's Crime | Black Agenda Report"

Im sure if ANYONE who wanted to take the time and effort could probably find out where his office is, what his kids name are, etc - even on the site ABOUT page he has a complete biography.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/about-us

so in short no...am not concerned about big brother/sister out there watchin "RASI" and his family on the internet; Im more concerned about those 1 or 2 people who may feel strengthened by what we do.

"I guess not when your endeavors fall upon the graces of the controllers".

You know when I posted awhile back that the work that I do in Namibia has some funding from International donors - I KNEW that ofmaat would continually try their best to develop a tag line that focused on my working for the man/being controlled, and what not.

Just for the record even if ones work for say, the MINISTRY OF HEALTH, in a country - often times the MINISTRY received funding from UNESCO, UNICEF, USAID, EU etc. One simple example in a place called Kisumu Kenya - ALL of the ARVs (HIV meds) that the government dispenses to those infected by the virus, are funded by an International "donor". is this GOOD, is it the BEST case Scenario, NO. But is it reality YES.

SO, for the sake of TRANSPARENCY in reasoning I ACKNOWLEDGE the TRUTH of my INDIVIDUAL circumastance. Even if I worked for the AFRICAN UNION, I would acknowledge that even the AU is a "donor" funded institution.

In Kenya I was a volunteer. The rationale for my "documenting" my experience, as I stated earlier was to strengthen others who may have similar ambitions; and who might have questions about such an endeavor especially those with children/family. A brother who used to post here Prophet Kwame, served that purpose for Me. He de-mystified the process of picking up, and migrating/repatriating to Africa, and I can say with full respect to him - that his words, advice
and real time encouragement played a positive role on our strategy to make it to the continent.

Moreover, I am transparent in my reasoning because of people like YOU. Those like ofmaat who like to paint a broad stroke about people from certain neighborhoods (like EasT Cleveland a 99.9% Africa 'american' neighborhood), that ofmaat continauuly belittle and use disparaging remarks to describe the people and atmosphere there - people Like ofmaat need to KNOW that people like Rasi, and others put in work based on Pan African ideas, and our work and approach is not limited to geograhic regions or IP addresses.

RASI is a work in progress, and my progress is my GOD, AFRICA, and MY FAMILY...and I praise, promote, celebrate, mourn and embrace them all in the LIGHT

Messages In This Thread

More Jah bless inna muddaland *LINK*
Give thanks to the PIECEs and body parts *NM* *LINK*
Re: The art and science of copy/pasting links...
Oh thats OLD news???
Re: Why WORRY when you can WORK...
you dont know what I do
Re: you dont know what I do
Chill out baby...its just a terror drone *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com