AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

"hatred" of white people?
In Response To: Re: MUSIC VIBRATIONS ()

"hatred" is a loaded word and I am not at all sure that the [white] person who wrote down what he gathered those six core beliefs to be took them down accurately. To hear many white "anthropologists" etc. tell it, their initial experience with Rastafari people in the early days was one of hostility, but sometimes followed by more amicable behaviour if the person "passed the test" as it were and did not react with knee jerk hostility back. Certainly at no point did Rastafari people, whether Howell-ite or otherwise, actually MANIFEST or ACT UPON any "hatred" they may have had of whites or anyone else, whereas we all know how often and how intensely whites (and blacks and browns hostile to Rastafari) have manifested and acted upon their hatred of Rastafari people. One of the main people involved in defending Pinnacle right now is from my country; she's my facebook friend and, while she may express some generalized dislike of "white people" and think that oppressive behaviour by whites is more genetically based than I personally think (I think it's more culturally based - then again I have a white parent and am friends with many white people, so that could be affecting my objectivity there), I do know that there is, at the very least, one white person who has been to Pinnacle who she likes and has publicly defended, so she does not appear to have a hatred of all white people per se, as implied by the (supposed) six principles. I don't know if she or any other Howellites read this board and want to throw in a two cents?

Messages In This Thread

MUSIC VIBRATIONS *NM* *LINK*
MUSIC VIBRATIONS *NM* *LINK*
Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up *NM* *LINK*
Re: MUSIC VIBRATIONS *NM* *LINK*
Re: MUSIC VIBRATIONS
"hatred" of white people?
Re: "hatred" of white people?
Re: "hatred" of white people?
Bob Marley - Running Away and Crazy Ballheads *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com