AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: MUSIC VIBRATIONS
In Response To: Re: MUSIC VIBRATIONS ()

*****I mean, what can Jah be to them if they are the constructed physiological mass of white supremacy??ie. their very biological presence is part of the overall 'evil body' of white supremacy mindset?*****

You are blessed Ras. I can tell by your reasoning. You have wisdom. You remind me of King solomon.

Okay let me answer your first question. One must ask themselves first and foremost, what is the Rastafari movement? However we do not have to revist that, because you have already defined it accuretly. The Rastafari movement as you stated, is a liberation movement. That being said, it may make an Arican Rastafarian question what exactly do the white man need liberation from, when he is the oppressor? One may also ask, if the white man feels oppressed, then why join our movement? I have yet to see any movement created by Africans that white people at some time and point did not eventually infiltrate. Now the question is why?

You must overstand, that the first whites to ever come among us where visitors. Their goal in JAHmacia was to study the Rastafarian movement, or so they claimed that was their purpose for being among us. Keep in mind that still at this time Howell was still a major influence among our people. The reason, as according to the elders why we allowed them to come among us, was so that we can show to the world that we are a peaceful movement. However that may seem as a good PR move in 20011, however I fail to see the reasoning behind that, especial with the 6 principles of Howell still in effect, and Nyabinghi chants to desroy babylon. To claim to be peaceful, and to call for the destruction of the kingdom that belongs to the so-called vistitors seems a bit contradictive. Yes I overstand that Rastas do not weild the knife, but if you call for the death of the pope openly as song in Nyabinghi chants and the death of other oppressors, the end result if they subcome to the chants is still violence. Although it is justified due to their past crimes against indegenous people, but it is still violence.

That being said, it is too late for me to re-do the past deeds of our elders. Whites are among us now. Also we have to overstand the popularity of Rastafari music which captivated many young people from all over the world. So there is no denying now that white men are claiming to be Rasta. considering how here is no CHURCH per se for Rastas, then there is no qualyfying mesure of decree to become a Rasta. The only set principles that I am aware of belonged to Howell. So how can I as one woman today stop the flood gates even if I wanted to? How can you inform an elder males that you disacgree with them, and not be excommunicated? I am a young female, I would never stand a chance. Therefore I have learned to make the best of any situation. As I stated, if a white man want to sing to JAH for the destruction of the evil that his peole have done, then I'm all for it. That is just my position on the matter.

*****If other 'inferior' races can redeem themselves to the levels of the black race then why have a pre-disposed assumption that a race should be disliked? Suspicious...I can more overs that, but straight up dislike seems like prejudging, yea?*****

I can't speak on redemption, because I am not the redeemer. But I must say that your question is an intersting one. Let me answer your question by first telling you that I am a visual person. I believe what I see, and not what I'm told as much, unless I hold the source to be credible. What one person may define as a trait of creditbility in a person, another may not. That being said, I believe what I see, and some of what my ancestors tell me. Between both of those things, I hope to find the truth.

That being said, my mother always informed me to never touch the stove when it was hot. Now as a baby I could have either taken her word at face value, or touched the stove and found out first hand that she spoke the truth. You play with fire you get burned.

"One must overstand that no invader ever came into Africa, without first being a dinner quest" (Quote taken from Dr. John Henrik Clarke).

"No white person ever came to Africa to give, they only came to take. The African has never adapted to the mentality of the people from the Ice and Sand. The African must realize that he oqwes them nothing, and is an unobligated people" (Another quote taken from Dr. John Henrik Clarke).

Now if I'm to take this ancestrial warning/wisdom at face value, then why would I engage in any activity with them that would upset the 6 principles of Howell? Or would you rather I take the modern approach, giving everyone a chance and get my hand burned on mama's stove?

Having children by white men, building nations with them, joining military alliances, signing traties,a dn trusting them, I feel does not equste with listening to them sing the very destruction of the emperor they built out of greed and lust.

*****Now if the African can be fooled/forced into a mindset then how is it that this 'inherrant African superiority' is a real concept?*****

I do not overstand this question. Can you please rephrase it my King?

Messages In This Thread

MUSIC VIBRATIONS *NM* *LINK*
MUSIC VIBRATIONS *NM* *LINK*
Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up *NM* *LINK*
Re: MUSIC VIBRATIONS *NM* *LINK*
"hatred" of white people?
Re: "hatred" of white people?
Re: "hatred" of white people?
Bob Marley - Running Away and Crazy Ballheads *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com