AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: What's the difference? *LINK*
In Response To: Re: What's the difference? ()

"But who says they aren't having her lie?"

I guess it must be my bias to believe a woman when she cries rape (sexual assault); especially a hard working, Black mother with a fifteen year old daughter, seeing how easy it is to lie about those things. It's a bias however, that I confess I'm pleased to have; as the vision of anyone assaulting my mother would be enough to provoke a deadly rage, for possibly me and definitely the perpetrator. So I'm sorry if I don't get too caught up in the myriad of conspiracies surrounding the possible set up of an over-entitled Jew.

I also understand why her description of the events might not illicit the same response from you, being White and Male, and probably enjoying a higher standard of privilege. I am however quite surprised that there are no Black male voices defending her, and that speaks to the devaluation of the humanity of Black/African females in our societies. Not every Black female living in the ghetto is a Crack-Hoe, despite what the mass media and Black Male comedians portray.

I'd like to take this opportunity to also remind Black mothers to cherish their daughters as much as they cherish their sons; for it is in the cradle they first learn to value themselves, and it's that self-worth that they will need to shield them from a world that considers them ugly and worthless. It would also be wise to consider, where the Black race would be right now if Queen Aisha had counted on a daughter instead of her son Muhammad Abu-Abdullah (Boabdil). Historians still refer to her as a domineering mother, but maybe she placed her trust in the wrong sex. In Trinidad (don't know its origin) there's a saying which goes, "a son is your son, until he gets a wife, a daughter is your daughter for the rest of her life."

Messages In This Thread

The Booty Call *LINK*
To the defenders of Strauss-Kahn...
Re: The Booty Call
Re: The Booty Call *LINK*
And then there's his defenders... *LINK*
What's the difference?
"Sampling the Product." *LINK*
Re: What's the difference?
French suspect IMF chief set up *NM* *LINK*
I ain't mad at yuh.
Re: I ain't mad at yuh.
Re: What's the difference? *NM* *LINK*
good rational observation *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com