AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Welcome to a 'Fragile X ' Universe *LINK*

Not at all but I was confused somewhat that your question about aboriginal Native Americans was directed at me and not "360",for instance. Still it gave me much food for thought nonetheless.

Wasn't "aboriginal" a term coined by the British and used as a generic term throughtout the British Empire?

"Strine"- Australian English is full of Aboriginal words and Hettie Perkins speech shows her education as well. You thinking I sounded american was because I had to temper my Strinisms for comprehension. British Education
was I think fairly uniform throughout the Commonwealth and the state gave me a very good one.

Hah,watching the series again on my computer it hit me that the Aboriginal children they took away educated so well and trained up to be servants turned on them. This, as I have said before more than once was a result of, the Black Power Movement in the usa, partially anyway.

Also, the self-confidence of the Aboriginal People which was noted at early contact with the British shone through like a huge beacon. I see that in myself as well and yes "they" don't like it. So, this brings me back to "the degrees of separation". The self-confidence comes, I am thinking from a sense of place. My ancestors are here around me and I hear their voices, I know that if I walk over this place I walk in their footsteps. Separation, out of Africa, happened from 45,00 to 60,00 years, a long time gone and many ancestors spirits are in the land here still with or without cultural genocide.

Separation, for you in the Diaspora, out of Africa was only, a very short time ago. Being taken away Sis, well, my heart is with you all the way. Repatriation is a must needs and it is imperative, for Africans in the Diaspora to return to their Mother Home, Africa. Not possible?...a visit is necessary at the very least. I have heard many stories from displaced peoples, including the Scots and the Irish,:) who return to the home of THEIR ancestors and immediately find reflections of themselves. This should be at the heart of knowledge of self, not some european psychological mumbo-jumbo babble.

NOW if you are talking about THE Ancestors that is different.
I hurt my eye and had to go to the eye doctor and was leafing through a National Geographic, March 2010, as I waited.

Omo Valley..couldn't read the text but the pictures told their own story.
For hunter-gatherers, aboriginal people around the earth, the degree of separation from the ORIGINAL Africa and as a result of colonialism is really only minimal, 200 years here, and in the Americas, 500 years. I saw many, many reflections.

"Wales" CYMRU..where's GMAN when you need him, he said he would tell me some of his stories. Thanks for the word knowledge, much appreciated.

National Geographic "Omo River" March 2010.
"Tanzania's hunter-gathers live 10,000 years in the Past".
Patronizing..much?? "The past" becomes a dirty word when you have lost your own..2000 years, what is that in the history of the People and our movements around the earth. At least we know now.

What I have learned, and it has taken all my life to do so, is that from one group there is non-acceptance and NO expectation to achieve and from the other there is total acceptance, much expectation to achieve and pride in your achievements.

Check out the map, as well.
http//:ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/03/omo-river/shea-text

Hope I have made some sense and that the Link works, Judah

Messages In This Thread

White Female Supremacy? *LINK*
Welcome to a 'Fragile X ' Universe
Re: Welcome to a 'Fragile X ' Universe *NM* *LINK*
Re: Welcome to a 'Fragile X ' Universe
Feed them Truth; they'll liberate themselves
Natural Selection vs Human Choice
The sins of the father *LINK*
Re: The sins of the father *LINK*
Re: The sins of the father
Neanderthal DNA lives on ... in some of us *LINK*
Re: Neanderthal DNA lives on ... in some of us *LINK*
Re: Neanderthal DNA lives on ... in some of us
More autistic expressions... *LINK*
'Give a monkey a brain...
Derek Fisher's baby girl *NM* *LINK*
More Euro-Science *LINK*
More Autism Diagnoses in High-Tech Areas... *LINK*
fascinating.
Re: fascinating. *LINK*
Re: fascinating.
Super-social gene may hold clues to autism, other *NM* *LINK*
Supremely Social *LINK*
Tell us how you really feel... *LINK*
The Scion vs the Seed
Re: The Scion vs the Seed *LINK*
Re: The Scion vs the Seed
Re: White Female Supremacy?

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com