AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Rastafari; For Whites???
In Response To: Re: Rastafari; For Whites??? ()

To be more specific,Tegan,Haile Selassie I seems to be merely saying that ultimately this is where we should be once we have eliminated racism.Selassie has spoken in specific terms on a number of occasions to do with race.
The word 'should' was used by the king with regard to the words being striken from the vocabulary.I beleive it is only common sense to see that he was NOT saying there should be NO open reasoning,action,healing with regards to the destructive and unprogressive effects of Racist system.
I am not at all convinced with this idea that certain ones postulate nowdays with regards to the King to avoid a much needed focus.How can you deal with racism without looking,speak about race?Selassie I was/is the master of social sciences yet you mean to tell me he was saying,dont talk bout race.He was simply saying that a man should not be judged by his race(social construction.
Yes,in absolute truth we are all 'the same'if there was no heirachy in racial systemic(racism),but there is/has been and it will not go away by pretending it does not exist.Because of racism our experiences ARE different and this is unquestionable.
'The same'...under what system??
Some Nyahbingi DO accept ones and ones as being acceptable to trod Rastafari way regardless of race...the same way goes for Bobo.
The biggest question for whites is....WHY?Many whites who ask the question as posed here have allready decided that they have the priveledged right of acceptance and simply just want a yes or no answer from what they perceive is the 'group' consensus to not have to ask the deeper questions as to why they are attracted to an 'Afro-supro Religious Movement' that embodies African Liberational focus.What they,in my opinion should do is be more willing to engage those black peoples questions and ideas with reasoning,receptivity and KNOW that some black people arent gonna give you answers to your questions until you, the 'white person' have revealed more of yourself,motives,ideas and engaged in a much deeper conversation.
In answering some of the questions you get asked you may find that your answers are revealed.
In Love and More Life.King Rastafari Empress Menen,Bless...

Messages In This Thread

Rastafari; For Whites???

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com