AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Selassie speaks - RACE

The reason for posting this is to show what I father says about race relations and moving forward.I am also answering the question by the brother about allowing whites in Rasta. Rasta is an inborn conception and if a white feels inspired to praise Rastafari and carry the cross who are InI to grant or deny permission. Only Jah can grant that.There is no membership card or club for Rastafari. For I ,as hard as it may be. ini MUST sight Selassies words as definitive and accept it whole heartedly .So here is HIM words on the matter. "I would say that at the Conference of Heads of African states, that was held last May,in the capital city of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa, before the signing of the Charter, i have told, in the speech i have made to the distinguished heads of state, that people who were formerly under colonialist regime, and who have suffered a great deal, must have the girth, strength of wanting to collaborate with their former masters for otherwise, through vengeance and remorse, co-existence would not be possible and this would be detrimental to the preservation of International peace.I MUST SAY THAT BLACK AND WHITE, AS FORMS OF SPEECH, AND AS A MEANS OF JUDGING MANKIND, SHOULD BE ELIMINATED FROM HUMAN SOCIETY. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be. Haile Sellassie the First." when I see the words "as forms of speech" that says InI should not even see color and that we are "precisely the same " I see that as literal and to mean we are all capable of good and evil and can choose either path. Blessed

Messages In This Thread

Selassie speaks - RACE
Re: Selassie speaks - RACE
Re: Selassie speaks - RACE

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com