AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Live by the sword, die by...?

It is fortunate that you can see "right through" me Karib-Kween. Were those skills aquired in the Karibean or AmeriKa? Nevertheless, if you find time please point me where I too could acquire such skills.

Regarding the "Mann" link - such pardons are unfortunate but nothing new - and to some degree it is to be expected

the president of Guinea has not proved to be a man that has the people of Guinea's best interest at heart. the person accused of shooting him, as you know is one of 'his own,' 'under' his military control.

Since I and I doubt you, have ever been in Guinea or have extensive knowledge of the day to day activities socially or politically - we are both specualting on this topic

you i am quite sure attribute the cause of the violence that was perpetrated on Camara, was the cause of external forces.

my opinion is that when one nourishes an environment of internal violence in a country which is already ripe w/ instability, violent acts are likely to occur.

in all likelihood a combination of both scenarios exist.

i do not wish harm or death on anyone - be it the president of of guinea, margaret thatcher, or even dick cheney for that matter.

in regards to your statement, which i am unsure of the point: "You should consider yourself fortunate that African nationals don't come in my flavor". Before i reply though, i must ask what is your flavor - AmeriKarib Chocolate nut, neopolitan, vanilla, strawbwerry....please divulge if you find the time?

however, i am fortunate to be amongnst "african nationals" daily, and i express my opinions freely about many issues, including the one that we are discussing.

In Kenya, there is a phenomenon known as "Mungiki" who are characterized as "dreadlock criminals" many have been killed, and most crimes that are committed in Kenya, are blamed on Mungiki - whether one of the members committed the actual crime or not. many times i have gotten harrassed and threatened with arrest based on my "look."

My point being, is that there is a serious level of impunity in africa/kenya that needs to be rooted out by and for africans. the "easy" way to out is obviously to place all of the blame on the west and imperialism (which much of the blame they should shoulder).

but there is to a large degree a lack of respect of african life, by africans - which culminates in a 'president' getting shot and 150 + people being murdered.

Messages In This Thread

Guinea's President wounded in renegade attack *LINK*
Re: Guinea's President wounded in renegade attack
Live by the sword, die by...?
Re: Live by the sword, die by...? *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com