AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Sellassie I Confounded European Nations At Geneva

I,Haile Sellassie I, Emperor of Ethiopia, am here today to ask for the impartial justice which is due to my people and for the help which fifty- two nations had undertaken to extend to my people when they affirmed, eight months ago, that a war of aggression, in violation of international law, was being waged against Ethiopia and her people.
There is no one other than I Emperor Haile Sellassie I, who can present this appeal for the Ethiopian people, to these fifty-two nations.
Perhaps this is the first time that a King or Emperor appears before this assembly and address it. But it is truly only today that violence and aggression of this kind is seen being committed against a people, who is now falling victim to the aggressor.
Furthermore, there has not been seen a previous example of a government that has set out to extinguish methodically and by means of cruelty, the entire stock of another race of people, in transgression of a covenant which it has honorably and publicly entered into, in the form of a treaty concluded with the nations of the world, to wit that one government was not to deprive another of its country, by means of war and that it was not to exterminate innocent human beings by powerful and toxic poison gas. The reason that I, as Emperor of Ethiopia, have come to Geneva after having fought myself as Commander-in-Chief of my army, is to fulfil this highest duty of mine, and to defend the Ethiopian people, sruggling to presreve their independence which has endured for many thousands of years. I pray to God that He may keep the nations of the world from the torment that has been inflicted upon my people, and from the cruel actions which these chiefs who have followed me here have been witnesses and which have, indeed, happened to themselves.
I shall explain in detail to the representatives of the nations assemled in Geneva, who are responsible for the lives of many millions of men, women, and children, about the moral danger awaiting these creatures and the fate which has overwhelmed the Ethiopin people.
A mechanisms praying yperite poison liqiud was installed in the war aircrafts, and it was arranged that a fine rain like spraying should descend over vast areas of Ethiopia, bringing death and destruction upon any living creatures which it touches, at one time up to eighteen Italian war planes were flying to and fro spraying down unceasing rain of yperite poison gas down on the ethiopian people. From late January 1936 onwards this death -dealing rain descended uninterruptedly upon Ethiopian soldiers, women, children, cattle, streams, stagnant waters as well as pastures. The Italian army commander made the warplanes repeat this cruel terror work of theirs over and over again, in order to extinguish completely all living creatures and to turn into poison the waters and the grazing grounds. They made this cruel activity, their principal means of warfare.
The work of cruely, which was carried out with wickedness, killed so many people in places far removed from the battlefield and made their country into desert. The plan was to spead terror and death all over the blessed land of Ethiopia.
The most deplorable scheme was eventually accomplished. Man and beast perished compleatly. The deadly downpour that descended from the war planes, made anyone who touched it run with torment. Those who drank the water upon which this poisonous rain had settled or ate the food which the piison had touched, died in dreadful agony. The people who died as a result of the Italian yperite poison liquid must be reconed in many thousands. It was to make known to the international world, the torment which was inflicted upon the Ethiopian people that I decided to come to Geneva.

The above was taken from the Rebuke which his Majesty gave to the league of nations in the year 1936. When I come again I will post another segment for every one to see.

The journey of life continues. Take the best care of yourself and your people.
Again I send many oceans of blessings and self determination to African people everywhere.
ONE BLACK HEART ONE BLACK LOVE.
Baba Ras Marcus.

Messages In This Thread

Slave Castles In Africa Evidence oF European Crime
Europeans Must Be Blamed For Poverty In Africa
Re: Europeans Must Be Blamed For Poverty In Africa
Hey Dre *NM*
thankhs for the word/power *NM*
"Europeans Must Be Blamed For Poverty In Africa"
Re: "Europeans Must Be Blamed For Poverty In Afric
word/power *NM*
Re: Slave Castles In Africa Evidence oF European C
Re: Slave Castles In Africa Evidence oF European C
Exploration And Conquest Of The African Coastline
African People Were Made Into Cargo To Be Sold
Slave Trading Events Are The Foundation Of Racism
Re: Slave Trading Events Are The Foundation Of Rac
The Universe Will Fulfill Liberation In Due Time
Time And resistance Will Cause Justice To Be Given
Re: Time And resistance Will Cause Justice To Be G
Re: Time And resistance Will Cause Justice To Be G
Africans Were Regarded As Property To Be Sold
African People Did Not Hesitate To Resist Slavery
The Slavery System Was Abolished Years Later
KEEP TEACHING BABA!!!! *NM*
Their Slavery System became Bankrupt In The End
Emancipation Goes With Repatriation
Cruel,, Disgraceful And Dis -Respectful
My Name Is Kunta Kinte Sio, Do Not Call Me Tobi
Marcus Garvey Was A Black Power Advocate
Re: Marcus Garvey Was A Black Power Advocate
African People Are Abadoned In Captivity
Rastafari Movement Has Too Many Leaders
They Stricked A Match Which Blazed In Europe
Italy Sprayed Ethiopians With Poison Gas Yperite
Re: Italy Sprayed Ethiopians With Poison Gas Yperi
Re: Italy Sprayed Ethiopians With Poison Gas Yperi
Europeans did Not Give Justice To Ethiopian People
Ethiopians Defeated Italy In The Year 1896
Now Here Is Something To Think About Seriously.
Italians Ignored Verdict Of League Of Nations.
His Majesty Rebuked 52 Nations At Geneva
Re: His Majesty Rebuked 52 Nations At Geneva
WaWar And Invasion Is Really Robbery By Violence
Sellassie I Confounded European Nations At Geneva
Re: Sellassie I Confounded European Nations At Gen
African People Are Being Mistreated.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com