AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: respectfully, may I say this...

"So I was looking for edification just how Afrikans are liberated and look specifically to Ethiopia for the fruits of this liberation and the benefits of this non-colonization that Ethiopians and Selassie I/Menelyk boasted about."

If you wish to look to Ethiopia, Haile Selassie and its ancient African kingdom, then thats a personal choice.
Truth is,Ethiopia has allways been a poor place.Before aids was wide spread in Africa, Haile Selassie, in his time did alot to help people get water,food,jobs,education and other resources that improved their lives.He was'nt able to save his entire population from many of the perils that had been troubling them for thousands of years though.
The 'modern' facilities required were often to be bought off white owned companies.When youre 'third world',you dont have the money to buy the sort of equipment that the western world nations have,this seems obvious enough.This is no fault of Selassie.
Point is,Haile Selassie did a great deal in helping the Ethiopian economy.Colonisation,IS,what the worlds economy is built on and run by,at the higher levels by white elite.
It seems that liberation starts from the inside and translates to the outside.Only ourselves can free our minds.
Blessed.

Messages In This Thread

the failure of an emperor
Re: the failure of an emperor
perhaps the problem is with 'deification'
Re: the failure of an emperor *LINK*
could there be a "maafa" withe out White Supremacy *LINK*
so did he succeed or fail? *NM*
Re: so did he succeed or fail?
did you have a response? *NM*
Re: did you have a response?
respectfully, may I say this...
By the way: (to the original poster)

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com