AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: the failure of an emperor
In Response To: the failure of an emperor ()

Blessed Love. Do give thanks for Life and the Life Giver ,

HOLY EMMANUEL I SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI !!!

Firstly I will speak I mind on the above article attributed to Marcus Garvey. I for one am far from convinced that Marcus wrote such words . If they are indeed his words from that iwa/time well I would say that unfortunately this great Man was for a moment deceived by propaganda and overcome with ignorance, because of the extreme pain and frustration caused by witnessing Ethiopia invaded. If they are truly the words of Marcus then it is simply that at the time he did not understand the fullness of His Majesty's actions, that the war being fought was not just on the battlefield but also on the diplomatic side and even on the world stage, and His Majesty would surely forgive the Prophet for this one mistake, particularly on account of Marcus Garvey's mightyful works.

One must consider the implications of this war in a global sense. This war was bigger than Ethiopia and indeed even than Africa as a continent, as would be later witnessed in the form of world war two. It would've been incredibly difficult to understand at the time , even for one as enlightened and gifted with vision as Marcus Garvey the reasons for His Majesty going into exile. Firstly, ones must be aware that Emperor Haile Selassie did not wish to go into exile , and was really forced to do so. Now bear in mind that this decision was made not while in Ethiopia. His Majesty had done everything possible to defeat this fascist invader
, leading the actual battle on all fronts for many months, including personally firing anti-aircraft machine guns on the enemy for days on end, never ceasing to defend His people from this attack. The simple and terrible fact is that mussolini's army used all manner of chemical weapons, never before seen in such a battle, in such a vicious manner, it would be too horrible to even try illustrating what devastion these modern weapons of mass destruction were causing. Eventually when all seemed lost, the Emperor saw no other option than to appeal personally to the League of Nations in Geneva for assistance seeking intervention, believing the League would be sympathetic to His people's cause if He presented in person. It wasn't until after the League and indeed the rest of the world turned a blind eye to Ethiopia's plight that it was clear nothing outside of divine intervention could help Ethiopia. Plain and simple this ancient nation, the cradle of civilisation , had been abandoned in her most desperate hour of need by those who had the power to help. This is when it was clear that exile was the only option for the time being, while His Majesty diplomatically and relentlessly worked to gain assistance to defend His nation. I will also mention that at a crucial point in the invasion by italy, His Majesty's request for a loan to purchase the necessary weapons to repel the invader was denied, and this was a critical blow to Ethiopia's means of defence. There is so much to learn from this chapter in history, I would recommend ones to read His Majesty's autobiography, My Life and Ethiopia's Progress, also a book called The Lion of Judah Hath Prevailed as well as any other factual book on the italian aggression against Ethiopia. As regarding the claim that His Majesty was going to accept one cent from mussolini, that is pure lies. To quote Emperor Haile Selassie " I left my country not to sell it but to seek justice for my people and my country. The history of Ethiopia will not be despoiled by a guinea stained with the blood of Ethiopians "

Now as regarding His Majesty not being a negro, well like Honourable Simon I said, His Majesty never accepted that term as it was seen as a derogatory word used in a negative sense. This does not mean that His Majesty is any less African or Black. Everything His Majesty stands for is Black and African. Most of the information this individual here has copy and pasted is from anti-Ethiopians who are trying to divide ones, in my view. This is just another test from and for weakhearts. InI still stand firm, nothing will move InI , for Jah the Almighty is guiding InI always and forever.

Give thanks,

Selah

SELASSIE I JAH RASTAFARI

God is Love let us all Love

Hon Ras Joshua I

Messages In This Thread

the failure of an emperor
perhaps the problem is with 'deification'
Re: the failure of an emperor *LINK*
could there be a "maafa" withe out White Supremacy *LINK*
so did he succeed or fail? *NM*
Re: so did he succeed or fail?
did you have a response? *NM*
Re: did you have a response?
respectfully, may I say this...
Re: respectfully, may I say this...
By the way: (to the original poster)

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com