AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: the failure of an emperor
In Response To: Re: the failure of an emperor ()

When your country is invaded and you are the leader and facing insurmountable military odds, you can do nothing more than take your cause elsewhere and to those who have the power and allies to assist.America was at that time very uninterested in engaging in any conflicts of this sort at that point in history.It is because of King Selassies tireless diplomatic work in England at time that Ethiopia was freed up.Alot of people dont realise that and make out he was on holiday,just waiting around.This is an inacuracy.One thing that people also forget is that he was highly educated and qualified for the position he held.In comparisson to the majority of the population at the time in Ethiopia,he was probably the best person to deal with the fight on diplomatic,ministerial grounds.

Looking at white supremist colonialism...one can see that,the corupt strong arm is their military might and of course,those nations are predominantly white.One speech to the League of Nations was not enough to convince leaders to stop the invasion.Simple.If there are no Mike tysons around to knock out the invaders then you go where you can to try and find ones who can sort this out, then when they do their job,you move back home and run things as an African, for Africans.No-one can deny his style of doing so, and because he did'nt want to turn Ethiopia into england or America,he was deposed by a bunch of uppety 'Educated' types who he paid to go to European/American universities to get educated!
He was apparently 'not progressive enough',as labeled so by university students who,in fact were completely unqualified and disconnected to the the reality of what it takes to 'modernise' and remain uncompromised to the destructive effects of over-industrialisation as being seen in the west today.Check the regime that took power and you will find monumental failing and the people of Ethiopia have been feeling the effects of this regime ever since.

For the other stuff put up here.I will respond with what I know in due course.
Blessed.

Messages In This Thread

the failure of an emperor
perhaps the problem is with 'deification'
Re: the failure of an emperor *LINK*
could there be a "maafa" withe out White Supremacy *LINK*
so did he succeed or fail? *NM*
Re: so did he succeed or fail?
did you have a response? *NM*
Re: did you have a response?
respectfully, may I say this...
Re: respectfully, may I say this...
By the way: (to the original poster)

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com