AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

Re: Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency Premiers toni

Greetings and welcome to Afrika Ras! You would be surprised at how little I and I, even born in Africa,, know about other Afrikan countries. In school they were portrayed as the same 'third world', warring or famine stricken nations that are shown in the media today. As a youth I used to aspire like everyone else to go to the U.S. or U.K. for higher education. Since I've been conscious I have always thought how nice it would be to visit an Afrikan country like Ethiopia or go to school in Timbuctoo.

The other day Hon. Kwame was inviting ones to come to Ghana for a Pan Afrikan Festival and I was there thinking if it could be possible to reach there in an old jalopy. I was once inspired by a Ras eldah who trod from Jamaica to England and then across to Afrika and hitchhiked all the way to Shashemane! But I must have forgotten about the war in Congo or been oblivious about the fact that I would have to traverse at least a part of that country. Also I know nothing about the hospitality in those places. I've never even been to Zimbabwe! I sometimes wonder if ones living in the States ever travel around the different states for as we say in my country "to travel is to see." Even here we are used to only whites having the leisure or the means to become tourists but maybe things will change. I look forward to the day when peace comes to the whole continent and we can go wherever without fear.

P.S. that movie reminds me that Emperor Selassie I is said to have refused a Hollywood role once! I wonder if our today leaders would jump at the chance!

Messages In This Thread

Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency Premiers tonite

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com