AfricaSpeaksHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Message Board
Buy Books
RELATED LINKSCOMMUNITYREASONING FORUMCHAT ROOMARCHIVES
Photo Gallery | About Us | Terms of Use | Register/Create a Profile  
This is a new script for this board. Some posters would have to re-register.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Contact us at: rastafarispeaks@yahoo.com

Follow us on twitter and on facebook at:
AfricaSpeaksRastafariSpeaksCheik Anta Diop

Rastafari Speaks

In defense of Joe Jackson

I never believed that he ever hurt a child, and remain ambivalent over Johnny Cochran’s decision to settle on the first accusation, but who cares at this moment, because opinions like mine and those who think like me were never allowed to be heard above the cacophony of the vultures that have the power to control public opinion with the stroke of a pen or a sound-bite; and those who could have silenced them with just one word in his defense, like the famous female talk show host, he granted that exclusive interview which no doubt contributed to her ascendency into the celebrity stratosphere; chose to remain silent for fear that they might be next in line for what was so obviously a calculated character assassination.

Why one might ask was it so important to destroy Michael’s character? He dared to wrest control of his power from the hands of the parasites. To those of us who grew up with Michael that power was benign but to those who discovered him in the eighties; those tearing, screaming, hysterical fans (Ofey Bastards); that power became religion; and for that Michael had to be brought back down to earth. Since Michael and his brothers, basically, had not succumbed to the drugs and other cultural vices that had brought down their predecessors and contemporaries; Joseph and Katherine having performed their parental duties, they had to attack him at his most vulnerable, his affinity for childlike things and his genuine empathy for children.

I was so mad after that Martin Bashir Special; I could envision the vultures lining up long before some greedy and opportunistic lawyer convinced that pathetic mother to sacrifice what had hitherto been a salvation to her son and others who found themselves in his situation. Never-land is now, Never-more. Long before this celebrity “Green” culture exploded into a fad I had to suffer the ridicule of radio DJ’s as they made fun of Michael’s tribute to the planet, nature, and all life upon it. Now one would be hard pressed to find a celebrity who isn’t on the “Green” bandwagon, and milking it for all its financial worth.

It’s almost poetic, if it were not so sad that we were not afforded the satisfaction of paying him the homage which he so justly deserved. I have no doubt his scheduled concerts would have been unsurpassed; mediocre was never his objective; and those who knew in their hearts that he had been wronged might have been granted another opportunity to atone for their errors of omission and silence. But the Universe in its enigmatic way would not consent. And, while I share the pain of Mrs. Katherine Jackson, there is also a sense of justice, for I know death is not an enemy. So farewell Michael, the world did lose an angel on June 25, 2009, but this one was not employed by Charlie or Aaron Spelling.

Michael told us to begin with the "Man in the Mirror" if we wanted to effect change; but the lazy bastards that we are, we continue to allow "the Great White Whore" that is the American Media to dictate our opinions and thus our lives. Berry Gordy on Tavis Smiley told the story of an incident in his childhood, when he "borrowed" money from his brother's drawer and in turn his father "borrowed" his behind. He and Tavis both enjoyed a good laugh, but he was explaining the difference between "child abuse" and discipline. Joe Jackson, an African-American man, created a livelihood for his family of nine children plus his wife. He could not have done it without that discipline which Michael's enablers and hangers-on convinced him later in his life to describe as child abuse. Children need boundaries, particularly male children. Every adult artist at Motown was impressed with the professionalism and character of the five boys. Gladys Knight states that she fell in love with them because they were so well-behaved, polite and respectful qualities sorely lacking in many of todays young "entertainers."

Katherine Jackson states that when Michael was seventeen, the lawyers came to her to seek consent for Michael to leave his brothers. She told them emphatically no. Were it not for her vigilence we might never have witnessed the magic that erupted with the collaboration of Quincy Jones and Michael Jackson. Where were these people when Joseph Jackson had to make a decision between food, clothing or shelter and the musical instruments his sons needed for their promising potential. Before Michael could moonwalk, he had to learn to walk, where were the parasites then? Something we should all keep in mind before we pass judgment on Joseph Jackson.

Messages In This Thread

Michael Jackson Dies *LINK*
Remember The Time *LINK*
Re: Remember The Time *LINK*
give thankhs *NM*
Re: Remember The Time
Re: Remember The Time
Re: Remember The Time *NM* *LINK*
The pied piper has left!
couldnt have said it better myself
Re: The pied piper has left!
Re: Michael Jackson Dies
u think it was because of stress? *NM*
Re: Michael Jackson Dies *LINK*
R.I.P.
whatever his deal was, his art was beautiful
Re: whatever his deal was, his art was beautiful
i agree and hope u are correct *NM*
REDRUM.......MURDER
Re: REDRUM.......MURDER
Re: REDRUM.......MURDER *LINK*
Arnold Klein Under Investigation *LINK*
Re: Arnold Klein Under Investigation *LINK*
The Game - Better On The Other Side (Tribute) *LINK*
CPDRC Inmates Michael Jackson tribute *LINK*
Did MJ convert to Islam? *NM* *LINK*
MJ's Doc is a Trini *LINK*
WHAT A ILAHFUL BLACK MAN!
The Persecution of Michael Jackson *LINK*
In defense of Joe Jackson
they have demonized Serena & Venus's father also
Re: they have demonized Serena & Venus's father al *NM* *LINK*
Only females would disagree???
musical impact
Re: Only females would disagree???
Slavery mentality
Give Thanks!
Re: In defense of Joe Jackson
No sows' ears in Joe's family after all. *NM*
Re: The Persecution of Michael Jackson *LINK*
FBI releases results of Jackson Investigation *LINK*
Re: The Persecution of Michael Jackson
Re: The Persecution of Michael Jackson
The Persecution of Michael Jackson *LINK*
Why the Illuminati killed Michael Jackson *NM* *LINK*
Re: Why the Illuminati killed Michael Jackson
Re: Why the Illuminati killed Michael Jackson
just an aside, in the shadows of this . . . . *LINK*
Re: Michael Jackson Dies *LINK*
The circus is in town. *NM*
Michael Jackson - a man trapped behind a mask *LINK*
Re: Michael Jackson - a man trapped behind a mask
Jackson Music Sales: Off the Wall *LINK*
The Beatles 9/9/9 *LINK*
Watch your back, Whitney! *LINK*
MJJ was 'healthy' *NM* *LINK*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com