HomepageHowcomyoucomRaceandHistoryRootsWomenTrinicenter
Homepage
Rastafari Speaks Archive
Buy Books
ARCHIVE HOMEMESSAGE BOARDREASONING FORUMARTICLESNEWS WEBLOG

Read Only : Rastafari Speaks Reasoning Archives

Rastafari Speaks Archive 1

Re: Divisions among Rastafarians

"For who can best define the Black struggle than another Black man and woman who have risen out of the degradation of society. Who Else!"

Give much thanks for the reasoning Ayinde. Much, much thanks my brethren.

We are living in a time where everyone is judged by there ability to be "politically correct" so our true expressions are constantly being suppressed and censored. The main reasons being to placate and appease the oppressor and at the same time allowing us, the oppressed to distance ourselves from the struggle that is far from over. As you so rightly stated there is a danger in this overt and covert racism amongst ourselves. We see ones blaming Garvey's philosphy for Mugabe's action in Zimbabwe. The question is what is wrong with Mugabe's action in taking back what rightfully belongs to the people of Zimbabwe, what rightfully belongs to African people's. But those whom are infected with the bug of the white race's superiority and entitlement whether overtly or covertly can't see otherwise than to think oh! That is reverse racism when we stand firm in our blackness to reclaim that which is rightfully ours. Give thanks once again for your insightful words.

I would like to say this to livelyup: Brother there is no distancing Rasta from a Black Supremacy call and just marginalizing it into just a spiritual development. The Rasta Movement is a Black Movement, a PanAfricanist Movement so in identifying with Rasta one have to know that the struggle and upliftment of the Black Nation, those at home and abroad are intricately woven in the foundations of this Rasta Movement.

I would suggest to you with much respect that there is a place for you in this movement with it's message of black upliftment and not just on the spiritual tip. As a white brethren there is a lot you can do to mend fences in this disparity of the races. Teach that spirit of oneness that Rastafari presents but it must be done in realistic terms and not solely based on a shamanistic spiritual journey of the Movement. There is work to be done so let's do it a little by little and together. The truth must be spoken when it comes to the question of race and as Ayinde says 'platitudes of one love' will not erase the reality of one race being dominant in the world community while oppressing those of a darker hue. This is a proven observation and not just solely mine but as witnessed by millions of peoples whom have suffered at the hands of such dominance and entitlement. In so saying I wish you Peace and Love my brethren in true Rastafari fashion. Let the Groundation reasonings be itinual, from there we will gain true overstanding. Blessed Love

Messages In This Thread

Divisions among Rastafarians
Yes I , it is an African thing, first and foremost
move up *NM*

FAIR USE NOTICE:
This site may at times contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

Copyright © 2003-2014 RastafariSpeaks.com & AfricaSpeaks.com